Finally, a Green Smoothie Detox that is actually delicious to drink and effective!
Drinking green smoothies ensures that you consume more nutrients and live enzymes in a meal than you may eat for days.
The taste of the fruits is more dominant, making it a great way to get your children to consume more vegetables.
Using a high-speed blender, such as Blentec or Vitamix, ensures that the smoothie is liquefied, making it way easier to digest.
Green smoothies are an excellent part of a weight loss program, they are low in fat, high in fiber, water, and nutrients, and can easily replace a meal.
They keep you satisfied because they are high in fiber and they also boost energy. They are quick and easy to prepare and can be stored in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator for two days.
Here are the reasons why my Green Smoothie Detox is so great because it contains the following:
- Almond milk is low in fat but high in protein, it contains calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc.
- Spinach or Kale – Leafy greens lowers the risk of heart disease, cancer. They are high in fiber, calcium, Vitamin C, folic acid and magnesium. Increase intake of fiber helps with weight loss
- Pineapple is one of the healthiest foods, it contains bromelain, a digestive enzyme that is key to weight loss, it also is high in antioxidants including Vitamin C which is important for maintaining a strong immune system, reducing the risk of cancer and fine line and wrinkles.
- Apple contains antioxidant, flavonoids and pectin which is a soluble fiber which increases bulk and digests slowly, causing you to feel full longer and also limits the number of fat cells that are absorbed.
- Celery is low in calories, high in water and fiber. 1 cup of celery contains only 16 calories. Fiber helps to keep bowel movement regular, preventing constipation.
- Bananas are high in fiber, so they aid in weight loss as well.
- Ginger is known to work as a natural appetite support, aiding in weight loss.
- Flax seeds contain lots of fiber which increases bulk, slows down digestion, increases the feeling of satiety and reduces constipation. All beneficial for losing weight.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup spinach or kale
- 1 cup pineapple chopped
- 1 apple
- 1 celery stalk
- 1-2 bananas frozen
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger or to taste
- 2 teaspoons flax seed
- 1/2 avocado peeled and pitted (optional)
Add water, almond milk and greens to the blender, process until smooth. Add pineapple, apple, celery, bananas, ginger, flax seed and avocado. Process until creamy and smooth. Serve immediately.