Enjoy the yummy goodness of Oven Baked Potato Wedges without all the fat you find in the fried ones. These taste exceptionally good without the guilt!
To cut potatoes in wedges:
- Cut potato into half lengthwise.
- Cut one-half into half lengthwise, then each half into halves.
- Repeat with the other half of potato.
Go on and leave the skin on so you can receive the added nutritional benefits of vitamin B6, Vitamin C, iron, calcium, zinc, copper, and fiber.
Nutritional yeast flakes are deactivated yeast, a yellow powder or flakes similar in appearance to cornmeal. Found in the bulk sections of many health food stores and is popular with vegan/vegetarians to use in recipes for a creamy, nutty or cheesy taste. It is also popular as a source of protein and B vitamins especially Vitamin B12. I especially like it to make vegan cheese sauces, gravies, soups and on popcorn.
For: 6 people
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Scrub and wash potatoes, cut potatoes (including skin) into wedges by cutting each one in half lengthwise, then cutting each half into four wedges, having a total of 8 wedges per potatoes.
- Place wedges in a large bowl. Add olive oil, garlic, and seasonings, toss to coat. Arrange potato wedges on greased baking sheet (I used parchment paper to line sheet). Bake for 45 minutes, turning halfway or until golden brown. Garnish with parsley and serve with ketchup.