Enjoy this yummy Banana Split Oatmeal for breakfast or even dessert. It is hearty and comforting! Creamy oatmeal topped with strawberries, blueberries, coconut flakes and hempseeds.
How about this delicious Banana Split Oatmeal for breakfast? I have been wanting to make it for a long time, ever since I had gluten-free vegan banana split at Present Moments Cafe in St. Augustine, Florida.
We had just relocated to Florida and I was longing to go to the beach, so while my hubby was at work. I took the children to visit St. Augustine. It is the oldest city in the U.S. known for its beautiful old Spanish architecture and its lovely beaches.
We had a beautiful time visiting this lovely town and knew that we would visit several times after. Anyway, we stopped and ate delicious lunch at the cafe and to this day I still remember their delicious Banana Split Sundae.
To make my delicious Banana Split Oatmeal, I first made a creamy oatmeal with coconut milk. Coconut milk makes everything rich and creamy! You can substitute any other non-dairy milk.
I then carefully split a banana lengthwise with a knife, top it with the oatmeal, cashew cream. strawberries, blueberries, hemp seeds and coconut flakes. It was such a delicious treat!
For more Oatmeal Recipes, check out my:
For: 01 serving
- 1/2 cup oatmeal (Gluten-free)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon sweetener of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Pinch of salt
- Cashew Cream Sauce
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked for couple hours
- 1/3-1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sweetener of choice, ( I used maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon lemon, juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Additional Ingredients
- 1 banana
- coconut flakes
- Stir oatmeal, milk, coconut milk, sweetener, vanilla and salt in a medium pot on medium-high heat. Bring to boil and reduce to simmer. Cook stirring constantly until oatmeal is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Rinse cashews and place into a high-speed blender with water, sweetener, lemon juice and vanilla. Process until smooth and creamy. Store in refrigerator for 5 days.
- To assemble: Carefully split banana in half with a knife. Spoon oatmeal in the middle, top with 2 tablespoons cashew cream followed by strawberries, blueberries, coconut flakes and hempseeds.