Delicious Chickpea Noodle Soup is the ultimate comfort dish, it is so hearty and perfect to fight off a cold especially during the colder months.
It is no surprise that we are expecting cold weather here in Florida, Daevyd got up first thing in the morning and requested soup. Sometimes I just love for the family to let me know what meal they want me to prepare. Saves me time in brainstorming. So when hubby called to check in on us later that morning, he confirmed that he wanted soup as well.
I decide to make this Chickpea Noodle Soup because I knew that Daevyd and my hubby would love it. I knew I had to make it flavorful without using vegetable broth. There are some vegetable broths on the market that I find taste terrible. They end up ruining my dishes.
I prefer to make my own recipe if you want to make your own, check out my Vegetable Broth recipe or just use plain water and your recipe will turn out fine.
I used gluten free pasta. It was Al dente after cooking and taste delicious in the recipe. I added turmeric to boost the immune system and to add a lovely color to the soup. I also added a little coconut milk to give the soup a little creamy texture.
This is Chickpea Noodle Soup turned out to be flavorful, comforting, addictive and hearty. Daevyd and my hubby were very pleased.
For: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast flakes, (optional)
- 1 14-ounce can of chickpeas, drained
- 4-5 cups water, or vegetable broth (I used water)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 4 ounces gluten-free pasta
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Heat oil in large pot on medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, celery, carrots, thyme, coriander, Italian seasoning, ground turmeric, yeast flakes and cook stirring for 3 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, water/broth, coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta and simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until pasta is cooked. My need to add an extra cup of water.
- Stir in parsley and salt. Delicious served with salad.