This delicious Easy Asian Noodles recipe is not only healthy but it tastes so amazing with just simple ingredients and it even tastes better than any take out!
This past weekend we had a wonderful time in Orlando, we got to meet so many fabulous friends some old and many new. During our stay, we stopped by Whole Foods Market to get food from their prepared food section. Daevyd got some of their Asian noodles, which he enjoyed. I decided I had to make it as soon as I got home.
Theirs was much simpler than mine but after all, mine is not being mass made and I adjust the recipe according to my taste. I used Bragg liquid aminos but you can substitute with regular soy sauce and if you are on a gluten-free meal plan, remember to use gluten-free soy sauce.
I also used gluten-free spaghetti, but you can use any thin pasta or noodles you have in your pantry. I used coconut sugar but you can substitute maple syrup or your sweetener of choice.
I added green onions, cilantro, and crushed peanuts for an extra touch.
This dish is so quick and easy to prepare, it will be on your table in less than 30 minutes. You will most likely have all the ingredients on hand. If you don’t have purple cabbage then use regular green cabbage. Make this dish yours, so add your favorite veggies for its pretty hard for you to ruin it.
I served mine with General Tso’s Tofu and it was a big hit, it would also be delicious served with General Tso’s Chickpeas.
For: 4 servings
- 8 ounces gluten-free spaghetti, or brown rice noodles
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, or Bragg's liquid aminos
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or coconut oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, sliced (extra for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cups carrot, cut into matchsticks or grated
- 1 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped for garnish
- 1 handful of peanuts, crushed
- Bring a large pot of water to boil on medium-high heat. Add spaghetti and cook according to package directions. Drain.
- While spaghetti is being cooked, mix soy sauce and coconut sugar together and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat. Add garlic. green onion, ginger and cook stirring for 1 minute. Add carrots, purple cabbage and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add soy sauce mixture, spaghetti and stir to coat.
- Serve and garnish with green onions, cilantro and peanuts.