These moist and fluffy Gluten Free Vegan Blueberry Muffins taste amazing. They are perfect for breakfast or even as dessert.
Lately, I have been enjoying fresh blueberries, I decided to make these yummy blueberry muffins. Typically I make my own gluten-free all-purpose flour blend. For this recipe, I decided to make life easier so I used Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Flour.
This blend is used as a 1:1 substitution of regular flour in recipes. Depending on what brand gluten-free flour you use to make the muffins, you may need to add more or less liquid. I used pure cane sugar as the sweetener, especially for my readers who are living in foreign countries where they can’t find sweeteners such as maple syrup and coconut sugar. Personally, I prefer to use coconut sugar or maple syrup. You can also use 1/2 cup sweetener instead if you don’t like you muffins too sweet.
I love to make muffins because they are easy to prepare and they don’t require to be decorated like cupcakes and most cakes do. For more of my muffin recipes, check out my made from scratch Blueberry Lemon Muffins recipe and my Apple Crumble Muffin recipe.
I can’t believe that it is not even officially spring as yet but my azaleas are in full bloom and falling off the shrubs already. I wanted to capture their beauty so I made a bouquet with lavender buds and pansies. Please follow me on Instagram and on Facebook, I would love to hear how you are enjoying my recipes. You can also leave a comment below in the comment box!
For: 12 Muffins
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Place muffin liners into muffin pan and lightly spray them with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla and flax seeds in a medium bowl, mix well.
- In a large bowl, mix gluten-free flour, almond flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Combine liquid mixture with dry ingredients and mix well to form a smooth batter. Fold blueberries gently into batter.
- Spoon batter evenly into 12 muffin pans. Bake for 22 minutes or until lightly golden brown.