This delicious, creamy Gluten-Free Vegan Cauliflower Casserole is the ultimate comfort dish and a bonus is that it is also healthy for you!
I love to prepare casseroles when I’m serving a crowd, especially around the holidays. This creamy Gluten-Free Vegan Cauliflower Casserole is definitely a crowd-pleaser.
It will easily be a hit at your next gathering, it shouts out comfort and just eat me! Hahaha
I prepared this dish by steaming the cauliflower florets but you can even roast the florets.
I made a cashew cheese sauce and added a cup of cauliflower florets to make a really thick and creamy sauce. Then I smothered the remaining cauliflower florets in the sauce and bake until bubbly. Oh yes, the smell and taste are just mindblowing!
For: 4 servings
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup raw cashews, soak for at least 2 hours
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste, (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- pinch Cayenne pepper, (optional)
- paprika, and parsley for garnishing
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a casserole dish and set aside.
- Wash and steam cauliflower florets for 5 minutes or until florets are tender. Reserve a cup of steam cauliflower to blend with the cashew cheese sauce. Place remaining florets in a casserole dish and set aside.
- Rinse and drain cashews. Place cashews in a high-speed blender with water, nutritional yeast flakes, red bell pepper, onion, garlic, tahini, salt and cayenne pepper,
- Process until smooth and creamy. Add the cup of cauliflower florets and blend, scraping down the sides of blender with a spatula. You may need to add extra water.
- Pour sauce over cauliflower florets. Sprinkle top with paprika. Bake for 35 minutes or until edges are slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly, garnish with parsley and serve.