These rosemary roasted potatoes are mind-blowing on your taste buds! Plump baby potatoes roasted with aromatic rosemary and garlic, taste so amazing, they are crisp on the outside and melt in your mouth soft on the inside.
These juicy, rosemary roasted potatoes are the bomb. I had to restrain myself from continually popping them in my mouth. I thought I was eating candy (which I don’t eat). But seriously that’s how good they were! ‘
I first enjoyed eating roast potatoes when I lived in England as a nursing student. I would work night shifts in small nursing homes, where basically I was the only staff on shift for the night. I would put the residents to bed and one particular nursing home had me do chores for the night. One of those chores was doing the laundry in a tiny building outside of the nursing home. To say I was scared would be an understatement. I was petrified because in the wee early mornings I would hear people walking by. The facility wasn’t considered safe, with all the modern security systems. I would move very fast in and out of the building with my heart racing. My only companion was a cat that lived on the property.
Another chore that I was assigned to do was to peel potatoes for the meals that were going to be served that day. Honestly, from what I can remember, they served potatoes almost daily or maybe it was just the days following the nights I worked. I should have visited on my days off to see if that was what they served, but I had fun things to do on the days off, like going on Sundays to visit my friend Yvonne to have dinner with her family.
Well, Yvonne always served roasted potatoes ( I couldn’t get away from potatoes! Hahaha). Her roast potatoes were flavorful with herbs and they tasted so good. As I sat as a guest with her loving family, I felt so much at home.
To get plump roast potatoes that are soft in the middle and crisp on the outside, I parboiled them for 5 minutes first. This holiday season, include my rosemary roasted potatoes to your menu. Your family and friends will truly appreciate it!
Instagram: Please follow me on Instagram, I’m starting to enjoy this platform. I know I’m a late bloomer but I’m so happy I finally caught on! Thank you.
Check out some of my other vegan, gluten-free delicious holiday dishes:
- Cornbread Stuffing
- Pumpkin Stuffed Shells
- Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
- Sweet Potato Souffle
- Roasted Sweet Potato Broccoli Salad
- Sweet Potato Oatmeal with Pecans And Cranberries
- Jamaican Pumpkin Soup
- Pumpkin Cookies with Maple Frosting
- Mediterranean Pumpkin Pizza
- Pumpkin Biscuits
For: 6 servings
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F. Lightly grease oven-proof baking dish, set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil on medium-high heat. Wash potatoes and add them to boiling water, with 2 cloves garlic and 1 sprig of rosemary. Cook for 5 minutes, drain water.
- Add olive oil, the remaining leaves of rosemary, garlic, and salt. Toss to coat.
- Line the bottom of the baking dish in a single layer with potatoes. Roast for 40 minutes or until they are golden brown and crisp on the outside.
Come and join our informative, supportive, inspiring facebook group VEGAN RECIPES WITH LOVE to help you stay motivated on your journey. Our members share lots of recipes, health benefits of foods and tips! Bring your friends too…