This Spaghetti with Broccoli recipe is so easy to prepare. Creamy spaghetti smothered in a creamy cashew sauce with broccoli is hearty and comforting!
My 7-year-old son Daevyd is crazy about this creamy Spaghetti with Broccoli recipe and I love to make it often for him. I don’t mind preparing it because in 20 minutes I can have it on the table ready to be served. His other favorite pasta meals are my 20-Minute Pasta with Asparagus, Bell Pepper, and Tomatoes, Japchae (Korean Stir-Fried Noodles) , Easy Asian Noodles and Vegan One Pot Taco Spaghetti.
Daevyd loves his creamy spaghetti with spaghetti sauce on the side or mixed in.
For this recipe, I cooked gluten-free spaghetti and then I made a creamy cashew sauce with white sweet potato, then added broccoli for added nutrients. Broccoli is good for health, especially for our little ones. It is a powerful anti-oxidant and a great source of Vitamin C, beta=cartotene, lutein and zeaxanthin. Antioxidants prevent damage to our cells.
Broccoli contains calcium and Vitamin K which are both beneficial for bone health and prevention of osteoporosis. For more benefits of broccoli check here.
I am so excited to start a new facebook group, sharing lots of delicious vegan recipes, health tips etc. from our members, please join us at Vegan Recipes With Love! If you tried this recipe, please comment below and let us know how you like it. Also, please follow us on Instagram!
For: 6 servings
- For The Spaghetti
- 1 12-ounce spaghetti, (I used gluten-free)
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 batch Creamy Cashew Sauce
- For The Cashew Sauce
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sweet potato, cubed (I used white sweet potato)
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 garlic, clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Add broccoli florets about the last 3 minutes. Drain and set aside. While spaghetti is being cooked make the sauce.
- For the Cashew Sauce. Cook potatoes for about 5-6 minutes until tender. Drain and add to blender with water, cashews, yeast flakes, nutritional yeast flakes, onion, garlic and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Stir cashew sauce with spaghetti and broccoli until fully coated. Serve immediately with a salad.