This Spaghetti with Broccoli recipe is so easy to prepare. Creamy spaghetti smothered in a creamy cashew sauce with broccoli is hearty and comforting!
My 7-year-old son Daevyd is crazy about this creamy Spaghetti with Broccoli recipe and I love to make it often for him. I don’t mind preparing it because in 20 minutes I can have it on the table ready to be served. His other favorite pasta meals are my 20-Minute Pasta with Asparagus, Bell Pepper, and Tomatoes, Japchae (Korean Stir-Fried Noodles) , Easy Asian Noodles and Vegan One Pot Taco Spaghetti.
Daevyd loves his creamy spaghetti with spaghetti sauce on the side or mixed in.
For this recipe, I cooked gluten-free spaghetti and then I made a creamy cashew sauce with white sweet potato, then added broccoli for added nutrients. Broccoli is good for health, especially for our little ones. It is a powerful anti-oxidant and a great source of Vitamin C, beta=cartotene, lutein and zeaxanthin. Antioxidants prevent damage to our cells.
Broccoli contains calcium and Vitamin K which are both beneficial for bone health and prevention of osteoporosis. For more benefits of broccoli check here.
For: 6 servings
- For The Spaghetti
- 1 12-ounce spaghetti, (I used gluten-free)
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 batch Creamy Cashew Sauce
- For The Cashew Sauce
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sweet potato, cubed (I used white sweet potato)
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 garlic, clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Add broccoli florets about the last 3 minutes. Drain and set aside. While spaghetti is being cooked make the sauce.
- For the Cashew Sauce. Cook potatoes for about 5-6 minutes until tender. Drain and add to blender with water, cashews, yeast flakes, nutritional yeast flakes, onion, garlic and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Stir cashew sauce with spaghetti and broccoli until fully coated. Serve immediately with a salad.