These Vegan Pineapple Coconut Donuts are so delicious, they are baked and not fried, they are also gluten-free and easy to prepare with a delicious pineapple and coconut glaze.
These super moist Vegan Pineapple Coconut Donuts are very delicious, they are the perfect summertime treat. I haven’t made donuts for a while, the last donut recipe I made was my Vegan Pumpkin Donuts last year. I wanted to make a summertime donut before summer ended. This donut turned out to be quite a delicious treat!
To make these yummy Vegan Pineapple Coconut donuts also gluten-free, I used cornmeal and rice flour (white rice). The cornmeal added a beautiful color to the donuts, plus I added crushed pineapples for pineapple flavor. Fresh coconut milk also added a delicious coconut flavor. I ended up making 6 full-size donuts, I filled my pan with the batter without any problems and they baked up perfectly. I also baked for full 20 minutes.
For: 6 donuts
- Vegan Pineapple Coconut Donuts
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds, mixed into 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup powdered organic cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Prepare donut pans by lightly spraying with oil and set aside.
- Mix flax seed and water in a small bowl and set aside for about 5 minutes. In a larger bowl combine cornmeal, rice flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another medium bowl, whisk maple syrup, coconut milk, pineapple juice, coconut oil, flax seed mixture.
- Combine wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until fully combined, fold in crushed pineapple and coconut flakes.
- Spoon batter evenly into the prepared donut pan, bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan before transferring to cooling rack to glaze.
- Whisk powdered sugar, coconut milk and pineapple juice in a small bowl. Dip donuts into glaze and topped with coconut flakes.