If you are like me, you have started the New Year with plenty of health goals! One of my many goals is to lose some weight this year. Well, one of the tips that I have included in my weight loss journey is to eat a healthier breakfast that includes healthy proteins.
My Caramelized Banana Oatmeal with Pomegranates and Blueberries for breakfast is also a great breakfast cereal. How about my Jamaican Cornmeal Porridge, Buckwheat Porridge, and Banana Porridge.
Quinoa Breakfast Bowl with Berries
This hearty quinoa breakfast bowl with berries is such a great way to include more protein in the diet plus it is so easy to prepare! it will be ready in 15-20 minutes. Top it with your favorite fruits, nuts, etc.
Health Benefits Of Almond Milk
Almond milk is nutritious, low in calories, it enriched store-bought almond milk contains protein, calcium, iron, vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin E, riboflavin, B12, Zinc, magnesium, it is cholesterol free, without any saturated fats and only contains 90 calories per serving.
Our bodies are constantly working to maintain health, our skin, hair, and nails are constantly being replenished daily. Our bones and tissues are constantly replacing old tissues with new. The body requires protein to properly function in repairing and maintaining a healthy vibrant body.
After a long night’s sleep (fast), the body requires a re-supply of the nutrition it burnt through while sleeping, in the form of protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamin and minerals. Eating a healthy breakfast containing protein is a great way to supply the body with the necessary nutrients it requires to properly function.
Studies have shown that eating protein for breakfast leads to a sustained feeling of fullness compared to other meals.
How To Make Quinoa Breakfast Bowl With Berries
For this quinoa bowl, sort, cook the quinoa in water, almond milk, coconut milk, and salt until the quinoa is tender. Sweeten with maple syrup and add vanilla and almond extract to boost flavor.
For the topping, I added lots of berries, banana slices, hemp seeds, and chia seeds. This is a healthy quinoa bowl and if you have never tried one, you definitely should do.
For More Amazing Quinoa Recipes check out 25 Best Vegan Quinoa Recipes.
Other Amazing Breakfast Recipes To Try:
- Jamaican Banana Fritters
- Vegan Breakfast Skillet Potatoes
- Baked Plantains
- Cauliflower Hashbrowns
- Venezuelan Arepas
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips, etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 1 cup uncooked white quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cups almond milk, (Vanilla)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- Fresh fruits including strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, banana slices
- 1 serving of hemp seeds, (1 tablespoon)
- 1 serving chia seeds, (1 tablespoon)
- Pinch of salt
- Place quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and sort through to remove debris, rinse quinoa thoroughly.
- Add quinoa, water, almond milk, and coconut milk and salt in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and stir, making sure the liquid doesn't boil over the sides of the pot. Reduce heat to simmer, stir.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring periodically until quinoa is tender. Remove from heat, stir in maple syrup, vanilla and almond extract and adjust to taste.
- To serve, divide quinoa into 4 bowls and top with almond butter, fruits and seeds.