I love broccoli very much, I love the taste and its nutritional benefits. It provides iron, calcium, protein, Vitamin A,B,C, K, omega 3's, zinc, magnesium, selenium. Broccoli is one of the world's healthiest vegetables. So I'm always looking for ways to incorporate it, in my menu.
I promised myself that I was also going to create a hummus that includes broccoli. The result was amazingly delicious and I was very satisfied.I cooked the broccoli for this hummus but roasted broccoli would also be flavorful. I served the broccoli hummus with avocado wrapped with brown rice tortilla.
- 2 cups broccoli florets , chopped
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil , extra-virgin
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice , (or lemon juice)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas , or one 14-ounce can
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast flakes , optional
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 min
- 3 min
- Ready in:
- 8 min
- Bring water to boil in small saucepan, add broccoli florets and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain water using a colander. Rinse florets under cold water to halt cooking process.
- Place broccoli florets in food processor with tahini paste, olive oil, water, lime juice and garlic.
- Process until smooth, Scrape down sides of food processor.
- Add chickpeas, yeast flakes, cumin and salt.
- Process until smooth.
- Serve immediately or keep in refrigerator for 3 days.