What Is Hummus?
Hummus is a Middle Eastern dip made from mashed chickpeas, tahini paste, garlic, lemon, olive oil. hummus that includes broccoli. I love plain hummus but, depending on the season or what I have on hand, I love adding extra veggies to my hummus recipes, they take the hummus to another level. Like my Roasted Fennel Hummus, Zucchini Hummus or Artichoke Hummus.
Health Benefits Of Broccoli
I love the taste of broccoli and also its great nutritional benefits. It is low in calories and high in vitamins and minerals. It provides iron, calcium, protein, Vitamin A, B, C, K, omega 3’s, zinc, magnesium, selenium.
Broccoli is one of the world’s healthiest vegetables. So I’m always looking for ways to incorporate it, in my menu. Read more about broccoli’s nutritional benefits here.
How To Make Broccoli Hummus
It is so easy to make hummus from scratch, First I cooked the broccoli for this hummus but roasted broccoli would also be flavorful. Next, I combined all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. I served the broccoli hummus with avocado wrapped with brown rice tortilla.
What to eat With Hummus?
- Tortilla Chips
- Sweet Potato Toasts
Please Note, if on a candida diet, omit the nutritional yeast flakes. Hummus keeps up to 7 days in a container with a fitted lid and stored in the refrigerator.
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- Energy: 101 kcal / 422 kJ
- Fat: 4 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Carbs: 13 g
- Preparation: 5 min
- Cooking: 3 min
- Ready in: 8 min
- For: 2 cups
- Bring water to boil in small saucepan, add broccoli florets and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain water using a colander. Rinse florets under cold water to halt cooking process.
- Place broccoli florets in food processor with tahini paste, olive oil, water, lime juice and garlic.
- Process until smooth, Scrape down sides of food processor.
- Add chickpeas, yeast flakes, cumin and salt.
- Process until smooth.
- Serve immediately or keep in the refrigerator for 3=7 days.