FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
For an Oriental style try my Cauliflower Fried Rice. Its been a long time that I posted a recipe with cauliflower rice, this time I wanted something more flavorful.
As I was writing up this post, I stopped to show my husband what I had done, since he was busy all day at work. He said he liked the photo of the cauliflower rice, then he muttered, ‘you tend to put curry in everything don’t you’. I couldn’t help but laugh because I tend to love the flavor of curries.
I love the benefits of turmeric, coriander, and cumin, so I tend to make my own spice combination rather than the store-bought brands that may contain ingredients that don’t agree with my stomach. In other words, I find some of the curry spices in store brought brands so irritating, they leave me with heartburn after eating.
I get to leave out the ones that I do not care much for. You can then substitute your own favorite curry powder in this recipe. About 1-2 tablespoons should be fine. You can also omit the cayenne pepper as well for a milder taste.
Here is my Homemade Curry Powder.
Here are some of the benefits of my curry blend:
Turmeric: Turmeric is actually the spice that gives curry its distinctive yellow color. It is very popular in India as a medicinal herb and spice for thousands of years. Curcumin the active ingredient in turmeric is known for its powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore it relieves heartburn and stomach upsets.
Coriander: The seeds of the coriander or cilantro plant. It is beneficial as a carminative and is used as an ingredient in gripe water.
Cumin: The Indian Medical Journal or Research in 2004, found cumin to be beneficial in relieving indigestion. It also found that cumin stimulates the liver to increase the production of bile, which helps in the breakdown of fats and further improving digestion.
If you are on a candida diet this recipe is perfect for someone on Phase One of the diet. You can leave out the carrots if you aren’t allowed to have.
How To Make Cauliflower Rice Curry?
Cauliflower rice is simple to prepare, it cooks up in minutes, cut cauliflower florets and place in a food processor. Process florets until it looks like rice.
Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium-high, add onions, garlic, ginger, and cook until onions are soft, about 3 minutes. Add turmeric, cumin, coriander, and cook until fragrant. Stir in the bell pepper and carrots, cook stirring for a minute.
Stir in the cauliflower rice to coat, add the coconut milk and cover to cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the cauliflower from sticking. Stir in spring onion, salt, and pepper to taste.
Other Cauliflower Recipes To Try
- 138 kcal / 577 kJ
- 10 g
- 2 g
- 10 g
- 10 min
- 10 min
- Ready in:
- 20 min
- 2-3 cups cauliflower, about one head
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into strips
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- To make cauliflower rice, grate cauliflower using a box grater or cut cauliflower into florets and process using a food processor. If using a food processor, process in small batches. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger and cook until onion is soft about 3 minutes.
- Add turmeric, cumin, coriander, and cook until fragrant. Stir in the bell pepper and carrots, cook stirring for a minute.
- Stir in the cauliflower rice to coat, add the coconut milk and cover to cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the cauliflower from sticking. Stir in spring onion, salt, and pepper to taste.
Make cauliflower rice ahead and freeze in freezer bags. To prepare cauliflower rice, defrost cauliflower ahead of time and