There is nothing like eating salads with sun-ripened cucumbers in the summertime. They are crunchy and perfect to fight the summer heat.
Cucumber Avocado Salad
Adding cucumbers to salads, sandwiches, and burgers is definitely a must. For this reason, we are growing cucumbers this year.
There are so many varieties of cucumbers to try from English cucumbers, Armenian cucumbers, Japanese long cukes, to small lemon cucumbers,
This cucumber and avocado salad is my go-to salad. I love it because it is so quick and easy to prepare and it is very kid-friendly
. My son Daevyd loved it, even served as a cucumber sandwich.
Cucumber Health Benefits
Cucumbers are good for you and are a beneficial part of a weight loss regime because they are very hydrating. Each cucumber is 95% water, which makes them very low calorie.
One cup of cucumber contains 152 mg of potassium, which is beneficial for heart health, lowering the risk of stroke and cardiovascular disease.
Cucumbers are famous for putting on your eyes. They are actually scientifically proven to help with puffy eyes and are great for anti-aging uses, and skincare in general.
Cucumbers are also anti-inflammatory because they contain flavonoids that reduce the inflammatory response in the body. For more health benefits of cucumber go to Health Line.
Cucumber Avocado Salad Ingredients
- Cucumber – Any slicing cucumber variety is great.
- Avocado – Haas avocados are my favorite for this salad because they are creamy.
- Onion – red onions are perfect, they are sweet, crunchy and have a lovely color. Vidalia would be a good substitute.
- Cilantro – Chopped cilantro for a refreshing taste.
- Vegan Sour Cream
How To Make Cucumber Avocado Salad?
- In a large bowl, combine cucumber, avocado, onion, and cilantro, and toss together gently.
- To make the sour cream dressing, process cashews, water, lemon juice, maple syrup, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour sour cream dressing over the salad and gently stir to coat.
- I enjoyed mine immediately but you can cover and chill in a container with a tight-fitting lid for a couple of hours or up to 7 days.
Tips For Making Cucumber Avocado Salad
- If you don’t love cilantro then substitute with dill or parsley.
- Make the salad dressing ahead of time so I can chop up the veggies and toss it with them and I’m ready to serve.
- Use only half of the vegan sour cream dressing, store the remainder in a container with a lid in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
- Substitute the vegan sour cream dressing with Vegan Ranch Dressing.
Other Recipes To Try
- Energy: 350 kcal / 1463 kJ
- Fat: 28 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Carbs: 25 g
- Preparation: 10 min
- Ready in: 10 min
- 4 Servings
- 3 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 2 medium avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into thin slices
- handful cilantro, chopped
Vegan Sour Cream Dressing
- In a large bowl, combine cucumber, avocado, onion, and cilantro, and toss together gently. Set aside.
- Place soaked cashews, water, lemon juice, maple syrup, and salt in a blender. Process until sour cream is smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides.
- Pour half of the sour cream dressing over the salad and gently stir to coat. Serve immediately or chill in a container with a tight-fitting lid for a couple of hours or up to 7 days.