This quick and easy Curry Cabbage will be a sure hit! It is not only healthy but astonishingly full of flavor and easy to prepare.
Jamaican Cabbage Curry is different from Indian Cabbage Curry because of the different seasonings. It is prepared Jamaican-Style with the addition of thyme and coconut milk.
The Health Benefits Of Cabbage
Cabbage is packed with nutrients, a member of the cruciferous vegetable family known to prevent cancer.
Cabbage is an excellent source of vitamin C. Vitamin C provides anti-inflammatory benefits and protects coronary arteries from damage.It is also gluten-free and low in fat. It is also allowed in the phase 1 candida diet if carrots are omitted. Check out these 20 AMAZING VEGAN CABBAGE RECIPES
Curry Cabbage Ingredients
- Green Cabbage
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut Milk
How To Make Cabbage Curry?
- Chop the cabbage into bite-sized pieces, prepare the other vegetables.
- In a large saucepan add oil and heat on medium heat.
- Saute onion, garlic. add all the spices, cabbage, coconut milk, and water.
- Curry is finished cooking when the sauce thickens...
- It is delicious served with rice, potato or roti.
Other Amazing Cabbage Recipes To Try
- Vegan Southern Fried Cabbage
- Jamaican Steamed Cabbage
- Vegan Colcannon
- Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- Vegan Cabbage Soup
Please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips, etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 171 kcal / 715 kJ
- 13 g
- 3 g
- 12 g
- 10 min
- 20 min
- Ready in:
- 30 min
- 1 pound green cabbage, washed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, or 1/4 cup water/vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, or 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1-14 ounce can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- Slice cabbage in 1 inch thick strips, set aside in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until is soft about 3 minutes stirring.
- Add coriander, turmeric, thyme, cumin, carrot, cabbage and stir. Add coconut milk, water and bring to a boil.
- Cover saucepan and reduce to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Delicious served with brown rice or baked potatoes and a salad!