This quick and easy Curry Cabbage will be a sure hit! It is not only healthy but astonishingly full of flavor and easy to prepare.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
Curry cabbage is another quick dish that I could prepare for my husband seven days a week and he would still be happy to eat. He usually enjoys it with brown rice or quinoa and a salad with avocados. So this afternoon as he went to pick up our daughter Devannah from work,
I prepared my cabbage curry Jamaican style using thyme and coconut milk for a creamy taste. Jamaican Cabbage Curry is different from Indian Cabbage Curry because of the different seasonings.
I decided to surprise him with one of his favorite dishes. He also likes my other curry dishes, Jamaican Spicy Curry Potatoes, Chickpea Curry with Quinoa, Thai Coconut Curry Tofu and Butternut Squash Curry.
Cabbage is packed with nutrients, a member of the cruciferous vegetable family known to prevent cancer. Cabbage is an excellent source of vitamin C which provides anti-inflammatory benefits and protects coronary arteries from damage. Curry cabbage is also gluten-free, low in fat and allowed in phase 1 candida diet if carrots are omitted. Check out these 20 AMAZING VEGAN CABBAGE RECIPES
How To Make Cabbage Curry
Cabbage curry is easy to prepare. first. chop the cabbage into bite-sized pieces, prepare the other vegetables. In a large saucepan add oil and heat on medium heat, saute onion, garlic. Add spices, cabbage, coconut milk, and water and cook until thickened. It is delicious served with rice, potato or roti.
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 171 kcal / 715 kJ
- 13 g
- 3 g
- 12 g
- 10 min
- 20 min
- Ready in:
- 30 min
- 1 pound green cabbage, washed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, or 1/4 cup water/vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, or 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1-14 ounce can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- Slice cabbage in 1 inch thick strips, set aside in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until is soft about 3 minutes stirring.
- Add coriander, turmeric, thyme, cumin, carrot, cabbage and stir. Add coconut milk, water and bring to a boil.
- Cover saucepan and reduce to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Delicious served with brown rice or baked potatoes and a salad!