Jamaican Cabbage Curry is different from Indian Cabbage Curry because of the different seasonings. It is prepared Jamaican-Style with the addition of thyme and coconut milk.
The Health Benefits Of Cabbage
Cabbage is packed with nutrients, a member of the cruciferous vegetable family known to prevent cancer.
Cabbage is an excellent source of vitamin C. Vitamin C provides anti-inflammatory benefits and protects coronary arteries from damage.It is also gluten-free and low in fat. It is also allowed in the phase 1 candida diet if carrots are omitted. Check out these 20 AMAZING VEGAN CABBAGE RECIPES
Curry Cabbage Ingredients
- Green Cabbage
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut Milk
How To Make Cabbage Curry?
- Chop the cabbage into bite-sized pieces, prepare the other vegetables.
- In a large saucepan add oil and heat on medium heat.
- Saute onion, garlic. add all the spices, cabbage, coconut milk, and water.
- Curry is finished cooking when the sauce thickens…
- It is delicious served with rice, potato or roti.
Other Amazing Cabbage Recipes To Try
- Vegan Southern Fried Cabbage
- Jamaican Steamed Cabbage
- Vegan Colcannon
- Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- Vegan Cabbage Soup
Get discounted copies of my cookbook Here
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our Facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips, etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes
- 171 kcal / 715 kJ
- 13 g
- 3 g
- 12 g
- 10 min
- 20 min
- Ready in:
- 30 min
- 1 pound green cabbage, washed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, or 1/4 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, or 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1-14 ounce can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- Slice cabbage in 1 inch thick strips, set aside in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until is soft about 3 minutes stirring.
- Add coriander, turmeric, thyme, cumin, carrot, cabbage and stir. Add coconut milk, water and bring to a boil.
- Cover saucepan and reduce to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Delicious served with brown rice or baked potatoes and a salad!