This quick and easy Curry Cabbage will be a sure hit! It is not only healthy but astonishingly full of flavor!
Curry cabbage is another quick dish that I could prepare for my husband seven days a week and he would still be happy to eat. He usually enjoys it with brown rice or quinoa and a salad with avocados. So this afternoon as he went to pick up our daughter Devannah from work, I decided to surprise him with one of his favorite dishes. He also like my other curry dishes, Jamaican Spicy Curry Potatoes, Chickpea Curry with Quinoa, Thai Coconut Curry Tofu and Butternut Squash Curry.
Cabbage is packed with nutrients, a member of the cruciferous vegetable family known to prevent cancer. Cabbage is an excellent source of vitamin C which provides anti-inflammatory benefits and protects coronary arteries from damage. Curry cabbage is also gluten-free, low in fat and allowed in phase 1 candida diet if carrots are omitted.
Come and join our informative, supportive, inspiring facebook group VEGAN RECIPES WITH LOVE to help you stay motivated on your journey. Our members share lots of recipes, health benefits of foods and tips! Bring your friends too…
For: 4 servings
- 1 pound green cabbage, washed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, or 1/4 cup water/vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, or 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1-14 ounce can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- Slice cabbage in 1 inch thick strips, set aside in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until is soft about 3 minutes stirring.
- Add coriander, turmeric, thyme, cumin, carrot, cabbage and stir. Add coconut milk, water and bring to a boil.
- Cover saucepan and reduce to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Delicious served with brown rice or baked potatoes and a salad!