It is day 2 of the New Year and I decided to share another one of my favorite smoothie recipes.
Here in Florida, we have an abundance of citrus fruits right now. I get to make this orange smoothie from freshly picked oranges.
Yesterday I shared my Green Smoothie Detox and Detox Tea recipes to kick off the New Year and I made Pancit Bihon (Filipino Noodles), a light one pot rice noodles with vegetable stir-fry dish for my family.
Ingredients In Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
My creamsicle smoothie is made with only 4 ingredients.
- Almond Milk
How To Make Orange Creamsicle Smoothie?
I literally place all the ingredients in my high-speed blender and process until smooth. I use frozen bananas,
Best Ways To Freeze Bananas
You can basically purchase extra bananas just for freezing them to make smoothies. Actually, some stores discount bananas when they are ripe so that’s the best time to purchase bulk.
I have literally gone to the produce manager and ask him if he had extra ripe bananas in the back on numerous occasions and then make the purchase by the case at a discounted rate.
- Method 1. Peel each banana when fully ripened (when speckled), place bananas in freezer bags or other airtight container and freeze. When you are ready to make a smoothie, break of the bananas you need and return the bag to the freezer.
- Method 2. You can also cut ripe bananas into coins about 1/2 inch thick circles, place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper in a single layer. Freeze for about 2 hours. Remove from freezer after 2 hours and place in a freezer bag and immediately place in the freezer.
Bananas keep for a very long time in the freezer, however, they will start to change color and get freezer burn. So its best to use them within 6 months.
Other Delicious Smoothie Recipes To Try:
- Energy: 207 kcal / 865 kJ
- Fat: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Carbs: 24 g
- Preparation: 5 min
- Ready in: 5 min
- Place almond milk, banana, orange, and vanilla in a high-speed blender.
- Process until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.