Spring Fried Rice is so easy to make and indulgently delicious loaded with fresh peas, carrots, and asparagus!
Here in Florida, we are enjoying lots of wonderful spring vegetables, asparagus is in abundance in the grocery store. I decided to whip up an easy fried rice recipe with lovely spring veggies. This is so easy to prepare but tastes so delicious.
Save yourself some money and make your own fried rice, you can substitute your own favorite veggies that you have on hand for this recipe. The taste will be just as good.
Making fried rice is a great way to use up leftover brown rice. You could also substitute cooked quinoa or millet. I sauteed onions, garlic, spring onions and ginger. Then I added the veggies and cook them for about 3 minutes. Rice was added with a little sesame oil and voila! This delicious beauty was ready to be served. I served it with some Soycurls and my family enjoyed it. I didn't make enough because it was all gone.
Rice was added with a little sesame oil and voila! This delicious beauty was ready to be served. I served it with some Soycurls and my family enjoyed it. I didn't make enough because it was all gone.
- 15 min
- 10 min
- Ready in:
- 25 min
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 cup carrots, dice
- 1 cup asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 tablespoons Bragg's liquid aminos, Tamari/soy sauce (gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Garnish chopped cilantro leaves, and spring onions chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, spring onion and ginger and cook stirring for 3 minutes.
- Add carrots and asparagus and cook stirring for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally until tender.
- Stir in green peas, cook for 1 minute. Add Bragg's liquid amino's, rice and stir constantly to coat rice.
- Remove from heat and stir in sesame oil. Garnish with cilantro and spring onion slices.