If you are looking for the perfect Strawberry Breakfast Cake, look no further this recipe is for you! It is not only healthy but it is so delicious with no refined sugars and oil and it is made from gluten-free oat and almond flour.
When it comes to spring I try to enjoy all the yummy fresh berries I can get my hands on. There are plenty of fresh strawberries here in Florida and they are so ripe and juicy.
It must be the Florida sun, I live a couple of hours away from Plant City Florida and they are nationally known for producing some of the best-tasting strawberries in the country. As a matter of fact, we have been enjoying fresh strawberries all winter long, from December through to April.
This Strawberry Breakfast Cake is so moist with just the right texture. I used maple syrup to sweeten it but you could substitute with coconut sugar and reduce the amount of liquid. I used gluten-free oat flour (I blend mine in a high-speed blender) and almond flour (Bob’s Red Mills).
I added strawberry pieces for a surprising burst of strawberry flavor in every bite. I decided to top the cake with a creamy strawberry frosting.
To make the frosting, I used cashews but I have also used almond flour, you will just have to process longer in a food processor. Enjoy this cake for breakfast lunch or supper!
- Energy: 171 kcal / 715 kJ
- Fat: 7 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Carbs: 25 g
- Preparation: 15 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- Ready in: 50 min
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper and lightly grease, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine, oat flour, almond flour, chia seeds, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in maple syrup, almond milk, vanilla, almond extract and lemon zest until fully combined.
- Fold in strawberries. Bake for 40 minutes or until fork inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely before adding frosting.
- Drain and rinse cashews, process in a high-speed blender, periodically scraping down the sides of the blender.
- Add maple syrup, almond milk, 1/4 cup strawberries, vanilla and lemon juice and process on and off, scraping down sides until frosting is soft and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in fresh diced strawberries. Serve immediately!
Come and join our informative, supportive, inspiring facebook group VEGAN RECIPES WITH LOVE to help you stay motivated on your journey. Our members share lots of recipes, health benefits of foods and tips! Bring your friends too…