This Strawberry Jam with Chia Seeds is so easy to prepare, fresh and bursting with juicy ripe strawberry flavor. It is the perfect springtime time breakfast spread!
This jam comes together so quickly with the addition of chia seeds, if you haven’t tried chia seeds as yet, you really should it is so healthy! I have lots of fresh strawberries and wanted to use them up so I have been making plenty of strawberry recipes lately. If you missed my Strawberry Breakfast Cake you just got to check it out, it is oil-free, vegan, gluten-free and sugar-free. My Strawberry Oat Bars, Strawberry Lemonade, and Strawberry Protein Pancakes are some of my readers!
Chia seeds are very nutritious, they are a complete protein and have lots of antioxidants. They are beneficial because they are:
- High in fiber.
- High in omega 3 fatty acids and alpha-linoleic acid
- High in Potassium
- High in Magnesium
- High in Calcium
To make the jam, I chopped the strawberries and place them in a saucepan with maple syrup and fresh orange juice and let it cook for about 10 minutes. I added the chia seeds and remove from heat. This jam was bursting with flavors, I enjoyed it served with almond butter on gluten free bread. I only made a small batch this time but the next time I will definitely double. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week but it won’t last that long in my home. I plan to add some to my smoothies as well.
For: 2 cups
- Place chopped strawberries, orange juice, maple syrup and lemon juice in a small saucepan on medium high heat.
- Bring jam to boil, mashing the strawberries with a potato masher or fork. Allow to simmer for about 7 minutes.
- Stir in chia seeds and remove from heat. Place in a mason jar and allow to cool and thicken.
- Keep refrigerated for about a week.
Come and join our informative, supportive, inspiring facebook group Vegan Recipes With Love to help you stay motivated on your journey. Our members share lots of recipes, health benefits of foods and tips! Bring your friends too!