My husband has been requesting granola lately but I wanted to be a little more creative since I have been making granola for years and wanted a little more challenge. I love crumbles, granola, cobblers so I had no doubt I would fall in love with these Strawberry Oat Bars as well.
I used gluten-free rolled oats, almond meal, brown rice flour topped with a layer of homemade strawberry jam sweetened using coconut palm sugar. They were so delicious, they were all gone in no time.
You can substitute my homemade strawberry jam recipe with store-bought jam. Also, you can substitute the sweeteners with your own favorite and adjust the coconut oil in the recipe if you substitute dry sweetener.
These are great for breakfast or as a light supper! They are also great for packing along with lunch for a healthy dessert. For other breakfast ideas, check out my Blueberry Pomegranate Breakfast Parfait and my Breakfast Quinoa Bowl with Berries.
- 227 kcal / 949 kJ
- 8 g
- 3 g
- 388 g
- 15 min
- 30 min
- Ready in:
- 45 min
- 1 cup certified gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 cup almond meal, or flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups strawberries, stems removed and chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- To make the jam, bring strawberries, coconut sugar, and lemon juice in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer until sauce is thick around 20 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven 375°F. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and spray with cooking oil. Set aside. In a large bowl, add oats, oat flour, almond meal, flaxseeds, baking powder, and salt. In a smaller bowl, combine maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Stir in the liquid mixture, into the dry ingredients until fully combined. Set aside 1/3 of the base and press the remaining 2/3 in the base of the prepared pan. Spoon strawberry jam on top of the base and spread evenly using a spoon. Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture on top. Bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool before cutting into bars.