Today I decided to change breakfast up and make a special treat for Daevyd. Yummy vegan French toast recipe with strawberry sauce. This is a great, filling breakfast recipe and a great way to use day-old bread.
What Is French Toast?
French toast in the traditional sense is bread slices that are dipped in egg and milk then fried. My homemade French toast is made without eggs and milk. tastes satisfying and delicious without animal products.
Vegan French Toast
This easy French toast recipe is heart healthy, the strawberry sauce is full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. I toasted the bread slices lightly before dipping into the batter. I used gluten-free vegan bread that I purchased locally, BFree Gluten-Free Vegan Sandwich Bread is a great brand.
Steps To Make Vegan French Toast
How To Make Vegan French Toast
- First, toast bread slices and set aside.
- Prepare the strawberry sauce, place strawberries in a saucepan along with maple syrup, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla and bring to boil over medium heat, reduce to simmer about 3 minutes, crushing some of the strawberries to thicken the sauce. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Blend almond milk, banana, cornstarch, vanilla, salt and pour the batter into a shallow dish. Dip bread into the mix and coat each side, cook on a heated griddle or skillet on both sides until golden brown.
Serve his French toast with strawberry sauce. The toasts were perfect without eggs, moist on the inside and crispy on the outside. Ripe banana plus the strawberry sauce topped with coconut whipped cream added the perfect sweetness as well.
Other Delicious Vegan Breakfast Recipes To Try
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 228 kcal / 953 kJ
- 11 g
- 2 g
- 32 g
- 15 min
- 6 min
- Ready in:
- 21 min
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
French Toast Batter
- Lightly toast bread slices and set aside
- Place strawberries in a saucepan along with maple syrup, lemon juice, zest and vanilla.
- Cook on medium to low heat, stirring occasionally until it thickens, about 3 minutes. Mash some of the strawberries to help thicken the sauce. Remove from heat and set aside.
French Toast Batter
- Blend almond milk, banana, cornstarch, vanilla, and salt in a blender until smooth. Pour batter in a shallow dish.
- Dip bread slices on both sides one at a time in the batter, until soaked through. Heat griddle on medium heat and brush with coconut oil.
- Transfer each slice of bread to the griddle and cook until golden brown on each side, about 1-2 minutes. Serve topped with strawberry sauce, a dollop of coconut whipped cream and garnish with fresh strawberries. blueberries and mint leaves.