Quick and easy recipe for Vegan Macaroni Salad, perfect for summertime backyard cookout or your next potluck!
This Vegan Macaroni Salad is always a hit at my gatherings. It is my go to recipe when I’m serving a large group of friends and family. Use your favorite veggies or what you have on hand such as carrot, zucchini, yellow squash, peas, tomatoes etc. I used my own nut mayonnaise recipe, but you may use Vegenaise if you prefer. I like this mayonnaise recipe because it is oil free and super creamy.
- 8 ounces Elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise or (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced (or pimiento peppers)
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives, halved
- 2 scallion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- sea salt to taste (optional)
- vegan cheddar cheese, cubed (optional)
- Cashew Mayonnaise
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup soy, rice, or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic
Cook elbow macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water, set aside. Mix remaining ingredients together. Enjoy!
Come and join our informative, supportive, inspiring Facebook group Vegan Recipes With Love to help you stay motivated on your journey. Our members share lots of recipes, health benefits of foods and tips! Bring your friends too!
Cashew Mayonnaise: Blend water, cashews, milk, starch lemon juice, onion, garlic, and salt until creamy. Pour in a medium saucepan on medium-low heat, cook stirring until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Store in refrigerator. Use in place of mayo in your favorite recipes.