1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Lightly spray the sides of a cake pan or pie plate. To make the topping, melt the non-dairy butter in a saucepan, add sugar, and stir. Spread this mixture around the base of your cake pan.
2. Arrange the pineapple slices around the pan, then place the cherries wherever they fit. Reserve the juice from the pineapples to use in the cake batter.
3. For the cake batter, combine the pineapple juice, ground flaxseeds, oil, and vanilla in a bowl, and set aside.
This post contains affiliate links which may earn me commissions should you click through them and take certain actions. As an affiliate for Amazon and other sites, I earn from qualifying purchases.
4. Separately, mix gluten-free flour, almond flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add pineapple mixture and mix to form a batter.
5. Pour the batter evenly over the pineapple and cherries. Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Remove the cake from oven, and allow it to cool for about 10-15 minutes before inverting the cake onto a serving platter. Use a knife to loosen the cake from the side of the cake pan if it is sticking.
7. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 3 days