Delicious fresh and crunchy Raw Vegan Sushi rolls are filled with a yummy pate, avocado, carrot and bell pepper!
I was in the mood for eating nori rolls today, I decided to make a delicious pate with sunflower seeds instead of rice. This sunflower seed pate was perfect for mimicking salmon. It was also bursting with fresh flavors of the vegetables. I wrapped it in raw un-toasted seaweed sheets along with avocado, carrots and bell peppers, so it is perfect for someone who is on a raw food diet.
I also have a great recipe for Vegan Sushi made with rice.
Choosing when possible, fresh organic veggies for your sushi ensures that you will end up with a flavorful recipe.
Nori seaweed is very popular in Asian cuisines, it is perfect sea vegetable for someone who loved fish and is transitioning to a vegan diet. It is very healthy because it is loaded with B Vitamins, fiber, amino acids, and a significant amount of iodine. Read more about the benefits of nori HERE.
For: 4 servings
- Sunflower Pate
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, soaked 30 minutes
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons raw tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 nori sheets
- 1 cup sunflower pate
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- Rinse and drain sunflower seeds, process sunflower seeds in a food processor until resembles bread crumbs.
- Add celery, pepper, onion, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, tahini, and salt in the food processor. Process until smooth, periodically pausing and using a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Lay 1 nori sheet, rough side up, on cutting board. Place 1/4 cup sunflower pate leaf on nori sheet, covering the sheet leaving 1/4 inch surrounding the edges
- Stack carrot strip avocado slice, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper and carrot in narrow line 1 inch from the long edge of nori sheet.
- Fold nori sheet over vegetables, and roll sheet away from you as tightly as possible.
- Dab edge of the nori sheet with water to seal and close. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut each roll into 6 bite-size pieces with serrated knife.