So I hear you are getting tired of rice, looking for a way to use quinoa, or maybe you want a new way to prepare salad. Or you just want a quick and easy meal that won’t hurt you at some point. Well you couldn’t possibly get better than this salad…great tasting, and gluten free!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups black beans, cooked and drained OR 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn OR 1 15 oz. can corn, drained
- 1 cup tomatoes, de-seeded and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
Wash quinoa and drain using a fine mesh strainer. Add quinoa and water to a medium pot and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered until fluffy and tender (about 15 minutes). Remove pot from heat and keep covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and allow to cool. To assemble the bowl, fill bowl with quinoa, black beans, corn, tomatoes, bell pepper, scallion, avocado and cilantro. Prepare dressing in a small bowl and pour over quinoa salad.
Come and join our informative, supportive, inspiring Facebook group Vegan Recipes With Love to help you stay motivated on your journey. Our members share lots of recipes, health benefits of foods and tips! Bring your friends too!