The delicious Carrot Cake Donuts With Ginger (Vegan, Gluten-Free) recipe is so moist and fluffy, topped with ginger flavored frosting. The perfect treat that is baked and not fried and so easy to prepare.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
This Carrot Cake Donuts With Ginger (Vegan, Gluten-Free) is the perfect treat for the holidays, brunch, or for any special occasion. This moist and delicious carrot cake donuts recipe has the perfect amount of ginger, I added crystallized ginger and powdered ginger to the batter.
Save yourself a trip to the store and make these Carrot Cake donuts recipe, Pineapple Coconut Donuts, and Pumpkin Donuts at home. They are all vegan, gluten-free and delicious.
How To Make Carrot Cake Donuts
To make these baked carrot cake donuts, I used 6 cavity donut pan, you will also need a donut pan. You can find non-stick or silicone pan on Amazon or stainless steel pan on USA Pan.
To prepare these baked donuts, I combined all the dry ingredients, gluten-free flour, cane sugar, baking powder, and salt.
For baking powder, I used Pillsbury Gluten-Free Flour and for the cane sugar, I used Sugar In The Raw.
For the liquid, I combined almond milk, flax seeds, coconut oil, and vanilla. I then fold in finely grated carrots and crystallized ginger. For the crystallized ginger, I used the Trader Joe’s brand.
If you make this recipe, snap a photo and hashtag #healthierstep — we love to see your recipes on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter!
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our new facebook group, sharing lots of delicious vegan recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends at Vegan Recipes With Love!
Note: The nutritional information does not include the frosting.
- Energy: 258 kcal / 1078 kJ
- Fat: 16 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Carbs: 26 g
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 25 min
- Ready in: 35 min
- For: 6 donuts
- 1 cup all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup carrot, peeled and finely grated
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces vegan cream cheese, (I used Trader Joes brand)
- 1/2 cup powdered cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons Vegan Butter, (I used Earth Balance Buttery Spread)
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped extra for garnish
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Lightly spray or brush donut pan with oil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine gluten-free flour, sugar, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- In another bowl mix, almond milk, coconut oil, flaxseeds, and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until fully combined. Fold in carrots and crystallized ginger.
- Scoop batter into donut pan and divide equally to fill cavity. Bake in oven for 25 minutes, allow to cool for about 10 minutes in the pan then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling before adding frosting.
To Make The Cream Cheese Frosting
- Place vegan cream cheese, powdered sugar in a food processor, add vegan butter and process until smooth pause and scrape down the sides. Scoop frosting in a medium bowl and stir in crystallized ginger.
I was so excited at how well these donuts turned out! Carrot cake is my favorite “flavor” of cake and these donuts did NOT disappoint! I did make a couple tweaks… because I love coconut and pineapple, I filled about 1/3 of my 1/4 cup measuring cup with the chopped ginger, 1/3 with finely grated unsweetened coconut and 1/3 with finely chopped freeze dried pineapple The texture and flavor of these donuts is amazing and I can’t wait to make them again! (which will be soon because I still have half of the frosting left!) I can’t wait to try more of your recipes!