The delicious Carrot Cake Donuts With Ginger (Vegan, Gluten-Free) recipe is so moist and fluffy, topped with ginger flavored frosting. The perfect treat that is baked and not fried and so easy to prepare.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
This Carrot Cake Donuts With Ginger (Vegan, Gluten-Free) is the perfect treat for the holidays, brunch, or for any special occasion. This moist and delicious carrot cake donuts recipe has the perfect amount of ginger, I added crystallized ginger and powdered ginger to the batter.
How To Make Carrot Cake Donuts
To prepare these baked donuts, I combined all the dry ingredients, gluten-free flour, cane sugar, baking powder, and salt.
For the liquid, I combined almond milk, flax seeds, coconut oil, and vanilla. I then fold in finely grated carrots and crystallized ginger. For the crystallized ginger, I used the Trader Joe’s brand.
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our new facebook group, sharing lots of delicious vegan recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends at Vegan Recipes With Love!
Note: The nutritional information does not include the frosting.
- Energy: 258 kcal / 1078 kJ
- Fat: 16 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Carbs: 26 g
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 25 min
- Ready in: 35 min
- 6 donuts
- 1 cup all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup carrot, peeled and finely grated
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Lightly spray or brush donut pan with oil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine gluten-free flour, sugar, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- In another bowl mix, almond milk, coconut oil, flaxseeds, and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until fully combined. Fold in carrots and crystallized ginger.
- Scoop batter into donut pan and divide equally to fill cavity. Bake in oven for 25 minutes, allow to cool for about 10 minutes in the pan then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling before adding frosting.
To Make The Cream Cheese Frosting
- Place vegan cream cheese, powdered sugar in a food processor, add vegan butter and process until smooth pause and scrape down the sides. Scoop frosting in a medium bowl and stir in crystallized ginger.