These Vegan Pineapple Coconut Donuts are so delicious. They are baked and not fried, they are also gluten-free, and easy to prepare, with a delicious pineapple and coconut glaze.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
These super moist Vegan Pineapple Coconut Donuts are the perfect summertime treat. I haven't made donuts for a while, the last donut recipe I made was my Vegan Pumpkin Donuts last year. I wanted to make a summertime donut before summer ended. This donut turned out to be quite a delicious treat!
To make these yummy Vegan Pineapple Coconut donuts which are also gluten-free, I used cornmeal and rice flour (white rice). The cornmeal added a beautiful color to the donuts, plus I added crushed pineapples for pineapple flavor. Fresh coconut milk also added a delicious coconut flavor. I ended up making 6 full-size donuts, I filled my pan with the batter without any problems and they baked up perfectly.
I also made a Pineapple Coconut Glaze for Donuts that was so delicious, made with coconut milk, pineapple juice, and organic powder sugar. There are many brands of organic powdered sugar on the market like Wholesome Organic Confectioners Powdered Sugar. You can make your own by processing organic cane sugar in a high-speed blender.
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 4 kcal / 17 kJ
- 1 g
- 3 g
- 6 g
- 10 min
- 20 min
- Ready in:
- 30 min
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds, mixed into 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, plus extra for garnish
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Prepare donut pans by lightly spraying with oil and set aside.
- Mix flax seed and water in a small bowl and set aside for about 5 minutes. In a larger bowl combine cornmeal, rice flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another medium bowl, whisk maple syrup, coconut milk, pineapple juice, coconut oil, flax seed mixture.
- Combine wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until fully combined, fold in crushed pineapple and coconut flakes.
- Spoon batter evenly into the prepared donut pan, bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan before transferring to cooling rack to glaze.
To Make The Pineapple Glaze
- Whisk powdered sugar, coconut milk and pineapple juice in a small bowl. Dip donuts into glaze and topped with coconut flakes.