These Vegan Pineapple Coconut Donuts are so delicious. They are baked and not fried, they are also gluten-free, and easy to prepare, with a delicious pineapple and coconut glaze.
These super moist Vegan Pineapple Coconut Donuts are the perfect summertime treat. I haven’t made donuts for a while, the last donut recipe I made was my Vegan Pumpkin Donuts last year. I wanted to make a summertime donut before summer ended. This donut turned out to be quite a delicious treat!
To make these yummy Vegan Pineapple Coconut donuts gluten-free, I used cornmeal and rice flour (white rice). The cornmeal added a beautiful color to the donuts, plus I added crushed pineapples for pineapple flavor. Fresh coconut milk also added a delicious coconut flavor. I ended up making 6 full-size donuts, I filled my pan with the batter without any problems and they baked up perfectly.
Come and join our informative, supportive, inspiring Facebook group Vegan Recipes With Love to help you stay motivated on your journey. Our members share lots of recipes, health benefits of foods and tips! Bring your friends too!
For: 6 donuts
- Vegan Pineapple Coconut Donuts
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds, mixed into 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup powdered organic cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Prepare donut pans by lightly spraying with oil and set aside.
- Mix flax seed and water in a small bowl and set aside for about 5 minutes. In a larger bowl combine cornmeal, rice flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another medium bowl, whisk maple syrup, coconut milk, pineapple juice, coconut oil, flax seed mixture.
- Combine wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until fully combined, fold in crushed pineapple and coconut flakes.
- Spoon batter evenly into the prepared donut pan, bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan before transferring to cooling rack to glaze.
- Whisk powdered sugar, coconut milk and pineapple juice in a small bowl. Dip donuts into glaze and topped with coconut flakes.