.Addictive and indulgent Addictive and indulgent Gluten-Free Vegan Strawberry Ice Box Cake is perfect for Valentine’s, picnics, BBQs. The big plus is that it is quick, easy to prepare, no-bake and easily customizable
Gluten-Free Vegan Strawberry Ice Box Cake was first published February 11, 2019, updated February 5 2020
Icebox cakes are layered cakes that consist of whipped cream, wafers or Graham crackers.
Traditional No-Bake Icebox is made from store-bought ingredients.
This recipe is made with homemade vegan whipped cream and Graham crackers.
As the ingredients are layered and placed in the refrigerator, they slowly soften and merge into a creamy, decadent cake that no longer resembles or has the texture of the original.
Ingredients For Strawberry Icebox Cake
- Homemade gluten-free Graham crackers will soften turning into the texture of the cake as it soaks up the coconut whipped cream, sliced strawberries, and banana.
- Homemade coconut whipped cream – to give a light pillowy soft layer to the icebox cake.
How To Make Gluten-Free Vegan Strawberry Ice Box Cake?
- In a baking dish, spread a layer of coconut whipped cream thinly at the bottom. Add 8 Graham cracker cookies, breaking the pieces to fit the corners.
- Top with half the coconut whipped cream and spread evenly.
- Place slices of strawberries and banana on top of the whipped cream.
- Cover strawberries with 8 Graham crackers, top with the remaining coconut whipped cream.
- Garnish with strawberry slices and crushed Graham crackers.
- The icebox cake is covered and refrigerated for at least 3 hours.
Tips For Making Gluten-Free Vegan Strawberry Ice Box Cake
- I used an oblong 7×11 inches baking dish.
- Make your homemade Graham crackers and coconut whipped cream ahead.
- substitute the homemade version with your favorite store-bought brands. So Delicious Coco Whip and TruWhip Vegan Whipped cream are great.
- Substitute strawberries with other fruits depending on the seasoning, like peaches, blackberries, mango.
Other Amazing Dessert Recipes To Try:
Get discounted copies of my cookbook Here
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our Facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips, etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes
- 285 kcal / 1191 kJ
- 11 g
- 3 g
- 47 g
- 20 min
- Ready in:
- 3 h 20 min
- Spread a thin layer of coconut whipped cream in the bottom of a rectangular baking dish (I used a 7x11 inch baking dish). Place 8 Graham crackers over the whipped cream.
- Top with strawberry slices and banana slices. ' Add another layer of graham crackers, followed by the remaining coconut whipped topping.
- Cover the Graham crackers with a thin layer of coconut whipped cream.
- Top with fresh strawberry slices crushed graham crackers and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.