A great Vegan Banana Cream Pie that is also gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free recipe and you won’t even miss the dairy. The crust is traditionally made with a flakey crust but any crust will work,
Make your own pie crust from one of the following homemade pie crusts or use store-bought:
If you love banana as I do then you will understand why I layered the cream pie with layers of banana slices. Afterall banana is the key flavor and only natural flavors would work. It was most definitely a family favorite!
It is definitely an easy banana cream pie recipe! For the filling, I blended all the ingredients, thickened the vegan custard in a saucepan over the stove. Allowed the custard to cool, scooped it in a prepared pie crust with banana slices and coconut whipped topping.
How To Make Vegan Banana Cream Pie?
It is so easy to make a vegan cream pie, much easier than a traditional cream pie that calls for eggs, butter. milk. When making the filling for the traditional pie, so many things can go wrong like the filling being too runny.
For my vegan cream pie, I blended coconut milk. cashews, maple syrup cornstarch, vanilla, and salt, very little can go wrong once you follow the simple steps.
- To make the banana cream pie filling, add all the ingredients for the filling in a high-speed blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour filling in a medium saucepan on medium heat, cook stirring constantly with a whisk until filling thickens, about 2 minutes. Remove saucepan from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Pour half of the filling into the prepared pie crust. Top filling with banana slices, add the remaining filling.
- Place pie in the refrigerator for 2 hours to set. Top the middle with coconut whipped topping and banana slices.
- Slice and serve.
Does Banana Cream Pie Need To Be Refrigerated?
Yes, your banana cream pie will last for about 2 days in the refrigerator, after this and your banana slices will start turning brown.
You can make your pie ahead but its best to leave the whipped cream and the banana slices for when you are ready to serve.
Can Banana Cream Pie Be Frozen?
Yes, you can freeze your banana cream pie, hold the banana slices and the coconut whipped cream until you are ready to serve your pie.
Remove from the freezer and allow your pie to thaw for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our Facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips, etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 334 kcal / 1396 kJ
- 16 g
- 3 g
- 48 g
- 10 min
- Ready in:
- 10 min
- Almond Flour Pie Crust, *link to recipe or your favorite store-bought
- 1 15 ounce can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked for 1 hour, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 bananas, cut into slices
- Prepare pie crust and set aside or use store-bought. Place coconut milk, cashews, maple syrup, cornstarch, vanilla and salt in a high-speed blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the pie filling in a medium saucepan on medium heat, cook stirring constantly with a whisk until filling thickens, about 2 minutes. Remove saucepan from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Pour half of the filling into the prepared pie crust. Top filling with banana slices (I used 2 bananas), add the remaining filling. Place the pie in the refrigerator for 2 hours to set.
- Top the middle with coconut whipped topping and banana slices. Slice and serve.