Vegan Gluten-Free Flag Cake easy to prepare using brown rice flour and almond flour for a light and fluffy vegan and gluten-free cake. Topped with creamy vegan cream cheese frosting with sweet and juicy summer blueberries and strawberries.
I have been away from my blog most of June as I was busy doing various catering jobs and cooking classes. Although I enjoy the various events I catered for, I’m happy to get this opportunity to create new recipes for you.
I know It is only a day before July 4th celebration but I had to share with you my Vegan Gluten-Free Cake, an American Flag Cake. It will be a hit at any event this summer. You can easily pile the blueberries and strawberries on top of the cake for a yummy summer berries cake.
How To Make Vegan Gluten-Free Flag Cake
- For my flag cake recipe, I combined all the dry ingredients in one bowl except the grounds flaxseeds. In another bowl, I mixed the liquid ingredients with the ground flaxseeds. Then I mix both wet and dry ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- Vegan Gluten-Free Cake is baked about 40 minutes in an oven set at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. I completely cool the cake, then I frosted it with a creamy cream cheese frosting.
- I used Trader Joe’s vegan cream cheese, Earth Balance buttery spread, and organic powdered sugar. Keep frosting refrigerated until the cake is ready.
- Other vegan cream cheese brands are Tofutti and Kite Hill. For cakes, I love to use golden ground flaxseeds by Bob’s Red Mills.
- I baked the cake in a 9×13 pan.
Get discounted copies of my cookbook Here.
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our Facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips, etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes
- 227 kcal / 949 kJ
- 14 g
- 2 g
- 24 g
- 15 min
- 40 min
- Ready in:
- 55 min
Vegan Gluten-Free Cake
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds, (golden)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond, extract
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
For The Cake
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Line and lightly grease a 13x9 inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine brown rice flour, almond flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a medium bowl, stir together, almond milk, ground flaxseeds, coconut oil, vanilla and almond extract.
- Pour liquid mixture into dry and mix to combine until batter is smooth and creamy. Scoop batter into prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven to a cooling rack, keep in the pan until completely cool before adding frosting.
For The Frosting
- Add cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar. vanilla, lemon juice in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, process cream cheese frosting until smooth and fluffy.