FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
I have been away from my blog most of June as I was busy doing various catering jobs and cooking classes. Although I enjoy the various events I catered for, I'm happy to get this opportunity to create new recipes for you.
I know It is only a day before July 4th celebration but I had to share with you my Vegan Gluten-Free Cake, an American Flag Cake. It will be a hit at any event this summer. You can easily pile the blueberries and strawberries on top of the cake for a yummy summer berries cake.
How To Make Flag Cake
For my flag cake recipe, I combined all the dry ingredients in one bowl except the grounds flaxseeds. In another bowl, I mixed the liquid ingredients with the ground flaxseeds. Then I mix both wet and dry ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
Vegan Gluten-Free Cake is baked about 40 minutes in an oven set at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. I completely cool the cake, then I frosted it with a creamy cream cheese frosting. I used Trader Joe's vegan cream cheese, Earth Balance buttery spread, and organic powdered sugar. Keep frosting refrigerated until cake is ready.
Other vegan cream cheese brands are Tofutti and Kite Hill. For cakes, I love to use golden ground flaxseeds by Bob's Red Mills.
I baked the cake in a 9x13 pan.
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 227 kcal / 949 kJ
- 14 g
- 2 g
- 24 g
- 15 min
- 40 min
- Ready in:
- 55 min
Vegan Gluten-Free Cake
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds, (golden)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond, extract
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
For The Cake
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Line and lightly grease a 13x9 inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine brown rice flour, almond flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a medium bowl, stir together, almond milk, ground flaxseeds, coconut oil, vanilla and almond extract.
- Pour liquid mixture into dry and mix to combine until batter is smooth and creamy. Scoop batter into prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven to a cooling rack, keep in the pan until completely cool before adding frosting.
For The Frosting
- Add cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar. vanilla, lemon juice in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, process cream cheese frosting until smooth and fluffy.