BBQ Cauliflower Wings are the ideal dish to serve die-hard skeptics. It can be served as an appetizer, snack, side or even as a main dish.
This recipe is similar to my Cauliflower Nuggets recipe, minus the barbecue sauce. There are so many people who don’t love cauliflower, but I will encourage you to give it another try. They are great to serve at your next potluck, party or BBQ and watch them disappear.
This BBQ Cauliflower recipe is far from being bland, it is in fact full of flavor and perfect to replace meat in your diet, especially if you are a new vegan or your doctor told you to stop eating meat. One thing for sure is my 9-year-old son Daevyd loved it, so it is very kid friendly.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
Originally published on March 27th, 2018.
Cauliflower Nutrition Facts
Cauliflower is not just delicious and versatile, but it has several health benefits as well. Here are a few to name:
- Cauliflower is super rich in fiber. As a result, it is good for your digestive tract. It promotes healthy bacteria in the gut that helps in reducing inflammation and also prevents constipation.
- It is also rich in antioxidants, especially in isothiocyanates and glucosinolates. These two antioxidants are particularly known for reducing cancer. These not just reduce inflammation but also kill cancerous cells.
- Because cauliflower is low in calories, it also aids in weight loss. Furthermore, eating cauliflower also makes you feel fuller for longer.
- It is also high in water. As a result, it airs in weight loss and helps you stay hydrated all day.
- It is also rich in a compound known as choline. This helps in the development of the brain and produces more neurotransmitters. As a result, it helps to keep your nervous system healthy.
Health Benefits of Rice
Rice is a staple food for nearly every culture. Everyone can usually think of a particular rice dish that was commonly made by their families to accompany meals or for special occasions.
The reason why it is a great staple food is that it is high in carbohydrates. Carbs are demonized in our society now, but our ancestors found them to be an essential source of energy.
Our bodies need carbohydrates to function, and they are usually the easiest and cheapest food sources. Entire civilizations would go through famine and many would die because the staple crop failed, and they could not survive off of other foods.
Brown rice is the original grain when it has not been processed by having the bran and germ removed. These parts, combined with the endosperm, are what make brown rice a good energy source. This is because not only does it contain carbohydrates, it also has fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
BBQ Cauliflower Wings Recipe
- Cauliflower Florets
- Brown Rice Flour
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Ground Paprika
- Smoked Paprika
- Ground Cumin
- Sea Salt
- BBQ Sauce
How To Prepare BBQ Cauliflower Wings
To prepare the BBQ Cauliflower Wings, take one medium cauliflower, and remove the leaves. Side note: you can actually cook the leaves if you grew your own cauliflower or bought them freshly picked with leaves still intact. The leaves are delicious finely chopped and steamed, using my Southern Collard Greens recipe.
Wash and break the cauliflower into little florets. Next, make the batter. For this recipe, make a thick batter that is the consistency of pancake batter. Combine brown rice flour, paprika, smoked paprika, cumin, and salt in a large bowl. Add an equal amount of water to flour, and whisk until smooth and all lumps disappear.
Add the cauliflower florets and make sure to cover each floret completely with the batter. As you transfer each floret to a prepared baking sheet, make sure to lightly shake off excess batter to prevent pooling of batter on the sheet. Place in a single layer, spacing evenly. Bake for 25 minutes until golden and crisp.
Remove the battered florets from oven and toss with BBQ sauce, then return them to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes. This recipe is so easy and addictive!
For my readers who do not like sauces with vinegar, you are welcome to try my homemade BBQ Sauce recipe it is a delicious sweet homemade BBQ sauce.
Try These Other Vegan Cauliflower Recipes
- Cauliflower Hashbrowns
- Jamaican Jerk Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Casserole
- Roasted Cauliflower In Spicy Marinara Sauce
- Cauliflower Rice Curry
- Quick and Easy Roasted Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Nuggets
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Potato Cauliflower Salad
- Energy: 232 kcal / 970 kJ
- Fat: 1 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Carbs: 50 g
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- Ready in: 50 min
- 4 Servings
- Preheat oven 450 degrees F. Wash and break cauliflower into florets and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine brown rice flour, onion powder, garlic powder, paprka, smoked paprika, cumin and salt. Add water and whisk together until smooth.
- Add caulilfower florets and toss to fully coat, making sure batter cover all sides of the florets. Shake off excess and transferr floret onto baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove from oven and toss with barbecue sauce. Return to oven to crisp up for about 5 more minutes.