The is the ideal dish to serve die-hard skeptics. It can be served as an appetizer, snack, side or even as a main dish.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
This recipe is similar to my Cauliflower Nuggets recipe minus the barbecue sauce. There are so many people who don't love cauliflower, but I will encourage you to give it another try. They are great to serve at your next potluck, party or BBQ and watch them disappear.
This BBQ Cauliflower recipe is far from being bland, it is full of flavor and perfect to replace meat in your diet especially if you are a new vegan or your doctor told you to stop eating meat. One thing for sure is my 9-year-old son Daevyd loved it so it is very kid friendly.
How To Prepare Cauliflower BBQ Wings
To prepare the BBQ Cauliflower Wings, take one medium cauliflower, remove the leaves. You can actually cook the leaves if you grew your own cauliflower or bought them freshly picked with leaves still intact. The leaves are delicious finely chopped and steamed like my Southern Collard Greens recipe.
Wash and break the cauliflower into little florets. Next, make the batter. For this recipe, make a think batter the consistency of pancake batter. Combine brown rice flour, paprika, smoked paprika, cumin, salt in a large bowl. Add an equal amount of water to flour and whisk until smooth and all lumps disappear.
Add cauliflower florets and make sure to cover each floret completely with the batter. As you transfer each floret in a single layer on a prepared baking sheet, make sure to lightly shake off excess batter to prevent pooling of batter on the sheet. Bake for 25 minutes until golden and crisp.
Remove florets from oven and toss with BBQ sauce, Return to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes. So easy and addictive. For my readers who do not like sauces with vinegar, you are welcome to try my homemade BBQ Sauce recipe, it is the sweet version.
Try These Other Cauliflower Recipes
- Cauliflower Hashbrowns
- Jamaican Jerk Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Casserole
- Roasted Cauliflower In Spicy Marinara Sauce
- Cauliflower Rice Curry
- Quick and Easy Roasted Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Nuggets
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Potato Cauliflower Salad
- 2 kcal / 8 kJ
- 1 g
- 6 g
- 5 g
- 10 min
- 30 min
- Ready in:
- 50 min
- Preheat oven 450 degrees F. Wash and break cauliflower into florets and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine brown rice flour, onion powder, garlic powder, paprka, smoked paprika, cumin and salt. Add water and whisk together until smooth.
- Add caulilfower florets and toss to fully coat, making sure batter cover all sides of the florets. Shake off excess and transferr floret onto baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove from oven and toss with barbecue sauce. Return to oven to crisp up for about 5 more minutes.