I added cauliflower to this traditional and classic potato salad recipe to increase the nutritional benefits. The outcome was creamy and tasty. My son Daevyd kept asking for more.
You can use your favorite store bought vegan mayo or my recipe or a combination or both is very tasty.
This recipe is perfect for cookouts, potlucks or any large gatherings. I like the fact that it is more nutritious than traditional potato salad. I intentionally left the skin on the potatoes, reducing the preparation time and also for their nutritional benefits also.
- 15 min
- 10 min
- Ready in:
- 25 min
- Place potato in a saucepan with water and salt on medium-high heat and bring to boil.
- Reduce to simmer for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Halfway add cauliflower florets to boiling potato and cook until tender. Should take 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain with a colander.
- Transfer potato and cauliflower to a large mixing bowl. Allow to cool.
- Add onion and celery.
- Gentle fold in mayo and season with salt to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for a couple hours.
- Sprinkle with paprika and parsley before serving.