This vegan salad of potatoes and cauliflower is probably the best thing you’ve ever eaten. Even better, no one will be able to know it’s vegan.
As the summer season approaches, my desire for salad increases. Specifically, potato salad. It’s such a nostalgic dish, and it goes with everything, so it’s perfect for a party outside. And I think the best potato salad is always the one you make yourself. Not only are vegan potato salads difficult to come by in the shop, but the ones that are accessible are subpar at best.
But don’t panic; this delicious dairy-free potato salad is suitable for both vegans and non-vegans. So, I am making potato salad with cauliflower. However, I intended to create a meal that takes only 20 minutes to prepare. The ingredients and steps to make it are very simple, but the taste is amazing. It’s aromatic, refreshing, and just the proper amount of tangy. The creamy, fluffy potatoes bring earthiness and nostalgia to the dish.
This dish is a delicious addition to any summertime meal; this dish is perfect for any outdoor gathering or barbecue. There are a few things to keep in mind to make the best potato cauliflower salad, but in the end, it’s an easy and delicious dish that everyone will enjoy.
This quick and easy Vegan Potato and Cauliflower Salad is a healthy way to enjoy traditional potato salad with fewer carbs and more fiber. My son Daevyd kept asking for more.
Making Vegan Potato and Cauliflower Salad is a great way to add nutrients to your meal plan. After all, cauliflower has plenty of health benefits.
Other Salads To Prepare are 4 Bean Salad, Pipino Salad, and Yuca Salad(Cassava Salad).
Why You Love This Vegan Potato And Cauliflower Salad?
I hope you’ll adore this recipe for cauliflower potato salad! Because:
- It’s quite creamy.
- It’s quite simple and quick to prepare. Even faster than typical potato salad to prepare
- Made with ingredients, you’ll find in your pantry
- There are only 6 ingredients needed.
- Always a favorite at potlucks, brunches, and holiday gatherings.
- This dish is dairy-free, vegan, oil-free, gluten-free, and sugar-free.
- This salad’s vibrant colors and flavors make it a delightful side dish to serve during the holiday season.
- Okay, I’ll call it a salad, even if there is no lettuce, spinach, or kale. It’s like a hidden salad for people who dislike salads!
- It’ll be a hit with your non-vegan friends. When we have a picnic with friends and family, they always ask for this meal, even though they’re not vegan. It’s simply amazing.
- This recipe is perfect for cookouts, potlucks, or any large gatherings.
- I like the fact that it is more nutritious than traditional potato salad. Keep reading to learn more!
Health Benefits Of Potato And Cauliflower Salad
Some Health Benefits Of Cauliflower
Cauliflower is low in calories and contains vitamin C, K, and B6. Fiber, folate, potassium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, and pantothenic acid. A good source of antioxidants that protects the cells from free radical damage. Cauliflower may help with weight loss.
- Cauliflower includes practically every mineral and vitamin your body needs. One of them is vitamin C, an anti-inflammatory that can help boost your immune system and lessen your risk of cancer and heart disease.
- Cauliflower contains a lot of fiber, which helps to reduce inflammation and improve digestion.
- Sulforaphane, glucosinolates, and isothiocyanates are antioxidants found in cauliflower that can help protect against cancer, heart disease, and diabetes.
- Cauliflower is strong in choline, an essential ingredient that supports metabolism, brain growth, and nervous system function, and is insufficient in many people. It also keeps cholesterol from building up in the liver.
- Cauliflower is high in allicin, a compound that may help prevent strokes and heart disease.
The Great Aspects About Potatoes
In terms of health benefits, potatoes are really underrated. You can obtain the following health benefits by eating these delectable carbs.
- Because they include iron, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, and zinc, they are beneficial to bone health.
- Vitamin C, potassium, and vitamin B6 are all found in the potato, and the lack of cholesterol makes it a good choice for those concerned about heart health.
- Potatoes are high in potassium, which can help keep blood pressure in check. Potatoes also include calcium and magnesium, which have been shown to lower blood pressure naturally.
- Potatoes are high in folate, which helps to reduce your cancer risk.
- Potatoes are high in fiber, which aids digestion. Fiber aids weight loss by keeping our stomachs full for extended periods of time.
Recipe’s Required Ingredients
This vegan potato and cauliflower salad are quite simple and easy to prepare. You’ll need the following listed ingredients, which are probably already found in your pantry:
- Potato: Yukon gold potatoes are my favorite, but you can use Russet or whatever you have on hand.
- Cauliflower: I added cauliflower to this traditional and classic potato salad recipe to increase the nutritional benefits. The outcome was creamy and tasty.
- Sea Salt: To add a savory flavor, season with salt. Black pepper can be used for added flavor.
- Red Onion: It’s made with red onions. If you don’t have red onions on hand, white onions, yellow onions, sweet onions, or shallots can be substituted.
- Stalks of celery: Celery has a salty, slightly tart flavor and a crisp texture. This salad is made interesting by the crunch of celery.
- Vegan Mayo: You can use your favorite store-bought vegan mayonnaise; my favorite is Just Mayo; if you are looking for a recipe made from scratch, you can try my recipe, or a combination of both is very tasty.
- Paprika, and parsley leaves, for garnish
How To Make Vegan Potato And Cauliflower Salad?
To make Vegan Potato and Cauliflower Salad, I placed the potatoes in a saucepan with water and salt on medium-high heat and brought them to a boil. Boiled the potatoes for about 10 minutes until tender.
Halfway I added cauliflower florets to the boiling potato and cooked until tender. Then remove it from heat and drain with a colander.
Next, I transferred potato and cauliflower to a large mixing bowl. Cooled it completely.
Then I added onion and celery. After that, gentle fold in mayo and season with salt to taste. Finally, I covered it and refrigerated it for a couple of hours. When serving, I sprinkle paprika and parsley.
- You can steam or bake the cauliflower instead of boiling it if you don’t want to boil it. Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t get too soft.
- This salad also works with raw cauliflower.
- After assembling the salad, refrigerate it for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- If you find the vegan mayonnaise to be too heavy, feel free to substitute a portion of it with vegan plain yogurt.
- You can put whatever you want on this salad. You can maintain the low carb and keto ingredients or add any additions you want.
- Because cauliflower rice is too small for this dish, it will not work.
- Cut the cauliflower into uniform florets to ensure uniform cooking.
- Make sure to use high-quality vegan mayonnaise made with healthy oils like coconut or avocado.
- Adjust the salt and pepper as needed.
- I intentionally left the skin on the potatoes, reducing the preparation time and also for their nutritional benefits.
Make It Your Own Salad
There are a lot of easy ways to make this cauliflower and potato salad your own and use up whatever you have on hand.
- Toss in some crunch. Pistachios or cashews, roasted and shelled, would be a fantastic addition to this salad.
- Increase your protein intake. Add a cup of cooked quinoa or a can of chickpeas to make this salad vegan. If you’re not vegan or vegetarian, feel free to add some cooked, diced chicken breast to the mixture before serving.
- Increase the spiciness. If you want the dressing to have a bit more kick, add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- Mix the vegetables together. You may also try roasting some carrots and marinating some kale in your dressing for an extra dose of greens.
For More Cauliflower Recipes, Try These:
- Cauliflower Hashbrowns
- Barbecue Cauliflower Wings
- Jamaican Jerk Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Casserole
- Roasted Cauliflower In Spicy Marinara Sauce
- Cauliflower Rice Curry
- Quick and Easy Roasted Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Nuggets
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is It Better To Serve It Hot Or Cold?
Whatever suits you best! Potato and Cauliflower salad is best served cold to keep the other vegetables crisp and fresh. To serve it warm, start by preparing the dressing and veggies, then combine everything with the steamed cauliflower.
How Long Does It Last?
The leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days. Simply keep the salad in a big covered container until ready to eat, then serve cold or warm. I believe that the flavor improves the longer it rests! … But not for too long.
Can You Make It Ahead Of Time?
Yes! This is an excellent recipe for meal prep because it can be made and stored in the refrigerator for up to four days before use. You may create the dressing/mayo up to a week ahead of time and store it in an airtight jar until ready to use.
Is It Freezer-Friendly?
No, potato and cauliflower salad does not freeze well.
Can You Make This Cauliflower Potato Salad With Frozen Cauliflower?
Yes! Allow the frozen cauliflower to thaw in the refrigerator before steaming; steam it for 4-5 minutes, or until slightly softened but not mushy. It should still be firm. The rest of the recipe can be followed exactly as is.
What Kinds Of Potatoes Can I Eat On Keto?
Choose cauliflower, rutabaga, or turnips for a healthy diet instead of white potatoes because they have fewer carbs. Sweet potatoes are a healthy carb option, but they’re still too high in carbs for keto. The options suggested above will not cause blood sugar spikes and can be utilized in a variety of keto recipes.
Thanks for reading this blog post on Vegan Potato and Cauliflower Salad. I hope it has inspired you to try out a new dish. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below. And if you tried this recipe or any other from my website, please let me know how it turned out in the comments below! Thanks for visiting my Recipes, and I hope to see you again soon.
If you enjoyed this post about Vegan Potato and Cauliflower Salad and would love to see more, join me on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook & Twitter!
Get discounted copies of my cookbook here.
Fortunately, because of the Ads on our website, readers and subscribers of Healthier Steps are sponsoring many underprivileged families.
- Categories: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- Courses: Salad, Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Energy: 133 kcal / 556 kJ
- Fat: 6 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Carbs: 19 g
- Preparation: 15 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- Ready in: 25 min
- For: 10 servings
- 2 pounds potato, (6 medium), cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1/2 cauliflower, chopped into bite sized florets
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- paprika, and parsley leaves, for garnish
- Place potato in a saucepan with water and salt on medium-high heat and bring to boil.
- Reduce to simmer for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Halfway add cauliflower florets to boiling potato and cook until tender. Should take 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain with a colander.
- Transfer potato and cauliflower to a large mixing bowl. Allow to cool.
- Add onion and celery.
- Gentle fold in mayo and season with salt to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for a couple hours.
- Sprinkle with paprika and parsley before serving.
looks really flavourful ,which i’m going to prepare right away.
I’look so wonderful
Thank you for your feedback.
Wow looks so wonderful
All your recipes that I have tried are so easy to prepare yet so flavorful. Thank you for sharing!