FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
I love a creamy potato salad but I'm so happy I don't have to mask the eggy flavor of traditional potato salad recipe, my healthy Vegan Potato Salad recipe tastes fresh and clean, with a delicious blend of flavors that's just right.
It is made with simple ingredients that are easy on digestion, I deliberately omitted mustard from my recipe because I find it to be harsh on my stomach but feel free to make this recipe your own by substituting your favorite ingredients.
During the summer, I have the joy of doing a lot of catering events where I love to serve these creamy salads that are always a huge hit, like my Macaroni Salad and Southern Style Coleslaw. I have decided to include my Vegan Potato Salad for my first event this Sunday.
What Potatoes Are Best For Potato Salad?
I find that the red skin potatoes or the Yukon gold potatoes hold up best when boiling. These varieties are waxier than Russet potatoes and have the least amount of starch. For the recipe below, I used red skin potatoes.
How To Make Homemade Potato Salad?
To Prepare the potato salad, peel and dice potatoes. Some people prefer to boil potato whole, but I find the diced potatoes to cook faster and they are easier to handle after they are cooked. Drain the potatoes using a colander, allow cold water to run over potatoes to cool.
You can make a homemade cashew mayonnaise like the one here or use a storebought brand, like Vegenaise or Just Mayo. Mix mayonnaise with sweet pickle relish, garlic powder, dill, and salt. For the relish, I love to use Pa's Pickle Relish because it is vinegar-free.
Transfer potatoes to a large bowl, add mayonnaise dressing, celery, green onions and mix to thoroughly coat potato.
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 289 kcal / 1208 kJ
- 11 g
- 4 g
- 45 g
- 10 min
- 15 min
- Ready in:
- 25 min
- Place potato chunks to boil in water in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10-15 minutes. Drain potato and allow to cool.
- Mix mayo, relish, garlic powder, dill, salt in medium bowl. In a large mixing bowl, add cooled potatoes, green onions, celery, and mayonnaise dressing. rel Stir to fully coat potatoes. Cover and refrigerate for a couple hours.
- Leave the skin of the potato on for added nutrients and if you use red for color.
- .You can cool potatoes faster by running under a gentle stream of cold water or popping them in the refrigerator.
- You can substitute sweet potatoes for white potatoes.