Flavorful Citrus Tofu Kebabs are so easy to make, marinated tofu, zucchini, colorful bell peppers, marinated with a tangy citrus sauce and baked until golden.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
Looking for fun and creative ways to prepare tofu? These citrus tofu kebabs are definitely the answer. They not only look great but they taste delicious! My nieces and nephews are here visiting for the summer, so I have to prepare dishes that are appealing to teenagers. We are always on the go from one activity to another so meals have to be prepared quickly.
How To Make Citrus Tofu Kebabs?
Make sure you use extra-firm tofu so that the tofu cubes won't fall off the skewers. Make a double batch and add your favorite cubed veggies for variety.
Begin by making the citrus marinade, combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Add tofu cubes and marinate for about 20 minutes turning halfway.
Place tofu on skewers followed by bell pepper and zucchini. Place skewers on baking sheets, bake them for 30 minutes turning halfway.
You can reserve the marinade, add 1 teaspoon of cornstarch and heat in a saucepan over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened, you can serve this sauce with the kebab on the side or slather it over kebabs.
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 241 kcal / 1007 kJ
- 12 g
- 8 g
- 31 g
- 30 min
- 30 min
- Ready in:
- 2 h
- 1 medium orange, zest and juice
- 1 medium lemon, zest and juice
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Bragg's liquid aminos, (or Tamari sauce)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger, freshly grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch Cayenne pepper, (optional)
- In a medium bowl combine marinade ingredients and add tofu cubes.
- Marinate tofu cubes for at least 20 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Skewer tofu alternating with bell pepper and zucchini.
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F. reserve marinade and place kebab skewers on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning halfway or until golden brown. Pour the leftover marinade into a small saucepan, add 1 teaspoon cornstarch and stir until smooth. Heat marinade in a saucepan over medium-high heat and constantly stir with a whisk until sauce is thickened. Slather sauce over baked tofu skewers and serve.
- Delicious served on top of Turmeric Coconut Rice