Melt in your mouth cornbread casserole is made from scratch, easy to whip up and taste just like grandma's
This cornbread casserole is the perfect treat for your Thanksgiving meal. I couldn't resist to share it because I have made this recipe twice in one week and it is a huge hit in my family.
I'm about to make it again for Thanksgiving, Oh yes we have been celebrating early because we have so much to be thankful for - Our daughter is here visiting and we don't get to see her often. She kept saying, "mom, this tastes really good" when she tasted my cornbread casserole.
It is easy to prepare and so you can still include it to your Thanksgiving menu, if not save it for Christmas dinner. Here are 25 Delicious Vegan Recipes For The Holidays.
It's basically made from scratch, except for the vegan cheese shreds that I added to for a cheesy flavor. It has the perfect balance of sweet and savory.
I used Bob's Red Mill almond flour to add a nice crumbly texture to the recipe. I placed all the dry ingredients in a bowl and literally I place all the liquid ingredients in my high-speed blender. I then combined both and stir in the corn kernels and vegan cheese shreds (I used Daiya), put it in a baking dish and pop it in the oven. This is a recipe that is mind-blowing, in terms of texture and flavor! You just have to try it to see.
- 374 kcal / 1563 kJ
- 5 min
- 55 min
- Ready in:
- 1 h
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Lightly grease casserole dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine, cornmeal, almond flour, flax seeds, baking powder and salt.
- In a high speed blender, add cashews, coconut milk, maple syrup, coconut oil. Process until smooth.
- Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients until smooth. Fold in corn kernels and cheese shreds.
- Scoop batter into baking dish and bake for 55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.