FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
If you have been skipping green bean casserole, then you no longer have to because this green bean casserole is vegan, gluten-free and delicious.
It is so easy to prepare your own green bean casserole from scratch and is by far the best green bean casserole I have eaten.
How To Make Vegan Green Bean Casserole
I made my green bean casserole without mushrooms but you can chop and saute some and add to your casserole recipe; Your Thanksgiving will now be complete with my easy green bean served with Lentil Loaf, Cranberry Sauce, and Mashed Potatoes
- Make a batch of or store bought.
- Preheat oven 350, prepare casserole pan and set aside.
- Steam green beans, drain and set aside.
- Make the cream sauce, Stir in green beans plus 1/2 cup French Fried Onions.
- Pour into a casserole pan, bake for 10 minutes, top with remaining French fried onions.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Prepare green bean casserole ahead, keep covered i the refrigerator and just leave off the French fried onions until the day you are reheating.
How Do You Make Green Bean Casserole With Fresh Green Beans?
To use fresh green beans, trim ends, and chop to the desired length. Bring a large pot of water to boil and add green beans and cook until bright green and tender, about 6 minutes. Turn off heat and drain immediately in a colander, rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
How Do You Make Green Bean Casserole From Frozen Green Beans?
Place frozen green beans in a colander, quickly thaw by running under running water Bring a large pot of water to boil and add green beans and cook until bright green and tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
Although frozen green beans are blanched before packaging, I prefer to cook until tender.
Other Delicious Holiday Recipes To Try
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 280 kcal / 1170 kJ
- 9 g
- 6 g
- 49 g
- 20 min
- 25 min
- Ready in:
- 45 min
No Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Preheat oven 350, lightly oil or spray casserole pan with oil and set aside. Bring a large pot of water to boil, add fresh or thawed green beans and cook until tender, about 6 minutes. Remove from stove and pour in a colander to drain. Rinse with cold water, drain and set aside.
- Prepare cream sauce, add vegetable broth, cashews, yeast flakes, Bragg's Liquid Aminos, arrowroot, onion powder, garlic and salt to taste. Process until smoth.
- Pour sauce into a large saucepan, cook over medium heat until thick, whisking constantly. Remove from heat, stir in green beans and 1/2 cup French fried onions.
- Transfer mixture to a prepared casserole pan. Bake for about 10 minutes, top with remaining French fried onions and bake for 10 more minutes.