I am so happy to team up with Immaculate baking company, to share my Thanksgiving dessert. I love this brand because they have a great line of wholesome products, many of which are certified organic, or gluten-free.
When I think of Thanksgiving, three words come to mind- Fun, Food, and Friendship. Thanksgiving is my favorite time of year for many reasons:
- My birthday is the week before, so I have a lot of things to be thankful for!
- I get to spend quality time with family and friends.
- I get to prepare delicious dishes that I reserve for special occasions, like this yummy Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe!
I bought Immaculate Baking company’s gluten-free sugar cookie mix and I was amazed how delicious and spot on the cookies was in taste and texture. I knew I had to include them in my holiday recipes!
I wanted a change from the traditional pumpkin pie. Instead, I wanted a more decadent dish that was creamy smooth and one that was eye-catching. I am beyond excited to introduce to you this Awesome Company and their amazing line of products!
I first made a batch of cookies, because I wanted to use them as the crust.These cookies tasted so good, I decided to use half of them for my crust so we could enjoy the other half! That’s such a win-win situation!
I then added a creamy ‘cheesecake’ layer followed by a pumpkin layer. The results were exceptionally great, My hubby and my guests who are here for the weekend were very impressed. One of my guests said it wasn’t too sweet and that it was very flavorful.
I’m such a fan of pumpkin! As a matter of fact, I like to use different varieties of pumpkin as well. My Jamaican Pumpkin Soup (Pureed) is also great.
I was excited that all the local health food stores in my town have Immaculate Baking Company’s products. I even found their products at Target.
For: 16 Servings
- Sugar Cookies Crust
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 package gluten-free classic sugar cookie mix
- For the Cheesecake layer
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for at least one hour
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- For Pumpkin Layer
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- coconut whipped cream, for frosting (optional)
- coconut flakes, for garnishing (optional)
- Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1-14 ounce can coconut cream, or full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, mix pumpkin puree, flaxseeds and vanilla.
- Stir in sugar cookies milk and mix until fully combined.
- Spoon dough onto cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 18 cookies.
- Cool until able to handle, about 8 minutes. Crumble half of the cookies and press the base of a 9-inch spring-form pan, using the palm of your hand. Set aside.
- Rinse cashew, drain and place into a high-speed blender with the remaining ingredients.
- Process until smooth. Pour mixture on top of cookie crust. Tap spring-form pan to release air bubbles.
- Transfer pan to a freezer.
- Rinse and drain cashews and place in a high-speed blender with all the remaining ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture over the cheesecake layer. Transfer spring-form pan into the freezer and freeze for about 5 hours.
- To serve, thaw 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with coconut whipped cream and sprinkle coconut flakes on top.
- Place canned coconut milk in the refrigerator over night in an upright position.
- The following day, open the can and scoop out the thickened coconut cream into a mixing bowl, being careful not to scoop out the liquid below.
- Reserve liquid for curries, stews, soups or smoothies.
- Add maple syrup and vanilla. Using a hand mixer, process whip cream until light and fluffy, about 20 seconds.
- Place in refrigerator for 20 minutes to firm up if it is too soft.
- This whipped cream is pipeable as seen in photos above!