Why not make this impressive cheesecake for your next special event? Lately, I have been enjoying fresh berries here in Florida and so while I can, I have been trying to create recipes to capture their beauty. Also, the pansies in my garden are looking amazing and they compliment this Gluten-Free Mango Cheesecake very well.
To make this Gluten-Free Mango Cheesecake, I made the crust with walnuts and dates, if you haven't tried a nut based crust as yet, you really should try this one. It is so simple to prepare and this entire cheesecake doesn't need to be baked. You just need a food processor and/or blender.
I used a springform pan, allowing easy opening and release of the cheesecake on the sides so that I can display the lovely cheesecake. For the filling, I used cashews and macadamia nuts and sweetened with maple syrup with full-fat coconut milk. I also added whipped coconut cream as a topping, but that's optional. The taste is amazing!
You can substitute all cashews or all macadamia nuts for this recipe. I must say that this recipe is not one that I make often but sometimes you just have to treat yourself because you deserve it. Just don't eat the entire cheesecake even though you will be tempted to, hahaha!
- 4 h
- Ready in:
- 4 h
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, or ( 1 cup cashews + 1/2 cup macadamia nuts) soaked for 1 hour
- 1 1/2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups ripe mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 batch coconut cream, for whipped cream
- 1 pint blueberries
- 6 ounces golden cherries
- 6 ounces blackberries
- 1 pound strawberries
- Place walnuts, dates, vanilla, and salt in a food processor and process until crumbly.
- Press crust mixture in the base of an 8-inch spring form pan and set aside.
- Add nuts, coconut milk, maple syrup, lemon juice in a blender and process until smooth and creamy. Add chopped mangoes and process until creamy.
- Pour mixture over the crust and cover with plastic wrap. Transfer to a freezer for about 4 hours or until cheesecake is firm.
- Remove cheesecake from freezer, allow to thaw for about 10 minutes. Top cheesecake with coconut whipped cream and fruits. Keep refrigerated.
- For Coconut Cream: Chill one can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight. The following day, open the can and discard liquid and place the remaining cream in a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon maple syrup and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and almond extract. Whip until fluffy. Place on top of cheesecake.