You can use coconut milk or almond milk for this pudding. If you would like to make your own Almond Milk. If you use coconut milk, you may add a little maple syrup if you desire, but it is not necessary at all.
Remember the television commercial- Chi Chi Chia, chia pet in the USA? Chia seeds have so many health benefits, who would believe that these tiny seeds are such a power-house of nourishment.
Chia seeds are white, black or gray staple cereal eaten in native Mexico thousands of years. They contain omega-3 fatty acids, protein, antioxidants, and fiber. They have a bland flavor and can be added to smoothies, soups, bread, salad dressings and jams whole or ground.
Chia seeds can be very helpful as a part of a weight loss regime when chia seeds are mixed with water or milk the seeds swell in size and becomes gel-like. They are digested slowly, they keep you full for longer and keep your blood sugar stable.
Chia seeds are high in fiber, they act as a broom while passing through the colon, they help to prevent constipation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and diverticulitis. Chia seeds when grounded and substituted in baked goods for eggs, oil or butter, not only add nutrition but less fat.
How To Make Mango Chia Pudding
Combine, almond milk/coconut milk, chia seeds and maple syrup in a glass jar, stir until fully combined. Cover jar and allow to sit refrigerated for 2 hours or preferably overnight. Make a mango/banana puree and layer with chia pudding, top with mango chunks. Also, try my Raspberry Banana Chia Pudding.
- 182 kcal / 761 kJ
- 9 g
- 29 g
- 4 g
- 10 min
- Ready in:
- 10 min
- Combine, almond milk/coconut milk, chia seeds and maple syrup in a glass jar, stir until fully combined.
- Cover jar and allow to sit refrigerated for 2 hours or preferably overnight.
- Meanwhile prepare the mango puree.
- Place chopped mangoes and bananas in a blender, puree
- Layer chia pudding topped with pureed mango alternatively and garnish with extra mangoes
- Serve immediately or keep refrigerated