FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
As a child, while growing up, I enjoyed these delicious Jamaican banana fritters recipe. Banana fritters were crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. My mother would make them and they disappeared as soon as they were served! They were one of the first dishes I learned to cook growing up because they were so easy to make.
Daevyd requested that I make pancakes for him, I used the opportunity to share with him one of or my childhood family traditional recipe and they were a big hit! He kept asking for more. He had them with some maple syrup on his request.
Traditionally they aren’t served with maple syrup but Daevyd is so used to eating pancakes with maple syrup, (The photo above is with Daevyd pouring the maple syrup, lol). I let him have a little. My version of Jamaican banana fritters is vegan and gluten-free and they are so yummy, you won’t even miss the dairy or wheat flour.
How To Make Jamaican Banana Fritters Recipe
To make Jamaican banana fritters, I mashed ripe bananas in a medium bowl, add almond milk. vanilla, flaxseeds and set aside. Mix all the dry ingredients in another bowl, combine both wet and dry ingredients to form a smooth batter.
Heat oil in a large skillet, add batter and cook until golden brown, flip fritters and cook until done.
I’m such a lover of bananas, it’s crazy! It’s a staple fruit in my home, we always have fresh and frozen bananas all year round. I make smoothies with them love them in my baked goods. Here are some of my favorite recipes with banana in them, Banana Chia Pudding, Apple Crumble Muffins, and Vegan French Toast.
Do you know that you can make most of your own gluten-free flours? It will be fresher than store-bought, save you money and time grocery shopping! Here is a list of gluten-free DIY flours and key ingredients for a happy gluten-free lifestyle that I make at home, using a high-speed blender.
- Oat Flour
- Almond Meal
- Rice Flour
- flax meal
- Quinoa flour
1. To make your own oat flour and/or brown rice flour. Measure the desired amount of flour needed, add about 1/2 cup extra to compensate for the size reduction after processing. Place grain in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth, pausing to scrape down sides with a spatula. Store in airtight container in refrigerator or freezer.
2. Make sure the middle of fritters is fully cooked, I love to press fritters with the spatula when they are almost cooked.
3. Banana fritters are delicious served on its own, with maple syrup, nut butter.
4. I made the cinnamon and nutmeg as optional because they are traditionally made to include these spices. Personally, I omit them from my recipes at home.
Other Delicious Jamaican Recipes To Try
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- Mash bananas in a medium bowl, Stir in almond milk, vanilla and flaxseeds. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oatflour, brown rice flour, coconut palm sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt.
- Add banana mixture and stir to fully combine until batter is smooth.
- Heat oil on medium-heat in a large skillet, making sure to cover the base.
- Place batter by the spoonsfull onto skillet. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side or until golden.