My daughter and I are the only ones in our home who love corn. Although I don’t eat it often, when I do, I buy only the non-GMO, organic frozen corn. I put this recipe together for supper tonight. It was very easy to prepare, I was so pleased with the results! These corn fritters were so delicious that to my surprise, my husband actually tried a couple and really enjoyed them. I love the fact that they were baked, and therefore not as greasy as traditional corn fritters.
These Vegan Corn Fritters are similar to my Broccoli Fritter Recipe and my Split Peas Fritters, so easy to make yet packed with flavors. If you are looking for a sweet fritter recipe then you ought to try my Jamaican Banana Fritters recipe as well.
I baked the Vegan Corn Fritters but you can lightly fry them in a skillet on medium-high, if you prefer, for about 3 minutes on one side then flip fritters and cook for 3 minutes on the other side, until golden brown. I have used fresh, frozen and canned corn for this recipe. If using frozen corn, thaw before using. If you are using canned corn, remember to drain the liquid.
I am so excited to start a new facebook group, sharing lots of delicious vegan recipes, health tips etc. from our members, please join us at Vegan Recipes With Love! If you tried this recipe, please comment below and let us know how you like it. Also, please follow us on Instagram!
- Energy: 111 kcal / 464 kJ
- Fat: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Carbs: 22 g
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- Ready in: 40 min
- 8 fritters
- 2 cups sweet corn kernels, organic, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup all purpose gluten-free flour, or rice flour
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes, (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garbanzo flour, (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup water, or more as needed
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- avocado, chopped
- cherry, tomatoes
- lime slices
- eilantro, leaves
- spring onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line baking sheet with oiled parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine gluten-free flour, nutritional yeast flakes, garbanzo flour, baking powder, cumin, salt and cayenne.
- Stir in water (to form a thick batter like a pancake batter), lime juice, spring onion, garlic, and corn.
- Mix well and drop on prepared baking sheets. Brush or spray with oil. Bake for 30 minutes. turning halfway!