This fabulous Cornbread Stuffing is not only flavorful but its gluten-free and vegan. If you have never tried cornbread stuffing, then you should, you are in for a pleasant treat!
Prepared from scratch, this stuffing is delicious and bursting with fresh ingredients. A perfect side dish that will compliment your festive meal. You can make the cornbread a day ahead.
The base is my GLUTEN-FREE VEGAN CORNBREAD recipe, that is so moist and delicious. I added celery, carrots, garlic along with fresh onions and aromatic herbs.
This recipe is certainly a winner and it doesn’t last for too long.
Bursting with flavor
My awesome cornbread stuffing is a great way to please your craving for cornbread and stuffing.
Here is my GLUTEN-FREE, VEGAN CORNBREAD recipe
Note that if you don’t like your cornbread stuffing sweet, reduce the sweetener in the cornbread to only 1 tablespoon.
- 6 cups cornbread, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or 1/4 cup water
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup celery stalk, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Preheat oven 350F/175C. Place cornbread pieces on a baking tray and bake for 8 minutes, remove from oven and transfer to a bowl.
- Heat olive oil or water in a skillet; add onions and saute; until soft. Stir in celery, garlic, and carrots stirring constantly for 3 minutes. Add sage, thyme, and rosemary.
- Combine vegetables with cornbread pieces in the bowl. Mix in vegetable broth carefully to moisten, and season with salt to taste.
- Spread stuffing mix evenly in a lightly oiled dish and slightly press. Bake for 30 minutes or until top is crisp and brown.