Enjoy this amazing collection of flavorful Vegan Brown Rice Recipes that are easy to prepare. Learn how to prepare this pantry staple in a variety of tasty recipes that your family will enjoy again and again.
First Published on Apr 17, 2019
Vegan Rice Recipes
Rice is the most common cereal grain humans consume. It is an important source of nutrition for humans all over the world. Rice comes in all shapes, sizes, and colors, such as long, medium, and short-grain, and brown, red, and black rice. Since it’s the most common source of energy that we consume, it is prevalent in most cultures’ cuisines.
Most rice is has had both the hull and bran removed, making white rice, which is easier to cook and has a longer shelf life. However, this process removes the natural antioxidants and plenty of fiber, so it is recommended that you try to eat brown rice, which still has the bran attached.
A lot of you may think that there is rice and that’s that, but there are actually four different categories, with lots of different types within those categories.
- Japonica Rice – a prevalent variety of rice in countries of the Far East since it is grown in temperate or mountainous regions. The grain is rounder and thicker, and the cooked result is stickier and very moist. This is the rice commonly found in sushi.
- Indica Rice – It is grown in most tropical areas, and is the most popular variety of rice. The grains, which can be long or short, are more slender than Japonica rice. When cooked, the result is not sticky, unless it is a glutinous strain.
- Fragrant Rice – these include some of my favorite varieties, basmati, and jasmine. They have a lovely flavor and aroma when cooked, hence the name. They are medium or long-grain, and not usually sticky, but soft and fluffy when cooked.
- Glutinous Rice – also known as sticky or sweet rice, is very sticky when cooked. This may sound similar to Japonica rice, but it is even stickier. Glutinous rice is used mostly in Asian cuisine, used to make various desserts, snacks, and porridges. It can also be ground up into flour, and in Japan, it’s used to make the outer layer of mochi, which is probably the most known glutinous rice dish for Americans.
How to Cook Brown Rice?
Because of the prevalence of white rice in most households, a lot of people do not know how to cook brown rice, or have tried and had it turn into a disaster, so I’m kicking off this group of Vegan Brown Rice Recipes with an instructional post on how to cook brown jasmine rice.
To continue, I’m going to share my favorite brown rice recipes that will keep dinner exciting with all sorts of options.
How To Cook Brown Rice In The Instant Pot?
Learn how to easily prepare the Brown Basmati Rice Instant Pot version, it is flavorful, easy to make, and a gluten-free option. Whether it is lunch or dinner, you can serve it with anything you like. It is a delicious, fluffy, and healthier alternative.
This delicious cajun rice recipe is famous in the southern US, and for good reason. It is so full of flavor, and you won’t even notice you’re eating brown rice.
If you’re getting bored of eating plain brown rice, try this vegan Garlic Rice instead! It is so good, while still being super quick and easy.
Getting bored of rice? Try this stuffed peppers recipe with rice of course! It’s a fun way to dress up your dinner.
The classic, the original, the famous rice; for good reason too. Usually found in your local Caribbean takeout, you can now have this at home whenever you like, and with the added benefit of brown rice.
This coconut rice recipe is cooked with Jamaican influences, namely with it being cooked in coconut milk and with Caribbean spices.
This delicious Mexican rice is my favorite instant pot rice recipe. It is cooked in tomato sauce to give it the signature red color. This is perfect to set it and forget it jasmine rice recipe for your repertoire.
Our signature rice either uses pigeon peas or kidney beans, and I have a recipe for both. This signature dish goes well with so many different dishes, especially curries.
This is classic rice common in many households from several African countries, the rice dish of choice at any special event. I like to try different kinds of rice from different cultures, so I adapted this recipe to brown rice.
In my house, jollof rice is such a classic dinner item, because it is so easy, but also delicious and filling. Even kids will love love love this simple fried rice recipe.
If you like pineapple on pizza, you’re in the right place. This is similar to my tofu fried rice recipe, but with pineapple to take it to the next level.
You will always need a good staple vegetable rice recipe, and this definitely fits the bill. It is so colorful and flavorful, it is also perfect for entertaining.
A good vegan casserole recipe is such a lifesaver for those busy weeknights when you just want to throw something into the oven and have a nutritious meal come out.
Jamaican Seasoned Rice
This flavorful Jamaican seasoned rice is easy to prepare with long grain brown rice, callaloo, ackee, cabbage, pumpkin, carrot, peas, carrot in a seasoned coconut broth.
Instant Pot Brown Rice Pudding
This Instant Pot Brown rice pudding is a healthier version of the classic rice pudding. Short grain brown rice, pressure cooked with coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg with added raisins.
You Will Also Enjoy These Tasty Vegan Recipes
- 25 Vegan Quinoa Recipes
- Jamaican Vegan Recipes
- Vegan Air Fryer Recipes
- Best Jamaican Dessert Recipes
- Vegan Grill Recipes
- 20 Amazing Vegan Cabbage Recipes
- Best Vegan Lentil Recipes
- Top Recipes For 2019
- 18 Vegan Pasta Salad Recipes
Get discounted copies of my cookbook Here
Also please leave a star rating ;-)
Need some encouragement on your Healthier Steps journey?
Join our Facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips, etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes