FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
I have been cooking brown rice now for over 20 years and I never measure my rice and it turns out perfect every time. I am going to share my two methods and my brown rice cooking ratio that works like a charm.
Is Brown Rice Healthy?
Brown rice is unpolished rice with only the husk removed, it has the germ and bran, unlike white rice. Brown rice is a whole grain, it has higher amounts of complex carbohydrates and fiber which makes you feel fuller longer.
Brown rice retains all the vitamins and minerals, it is a good source of magnesium, selenium, manganese, potassium, choline, phosphorus.
Types Of Brown Rice
Here is a quick overview of the different types of brown rice
Short grain brown rice is soft and creamy when cooked, it is perfect for making risotto and rice pudding.
Long grain brown rice is very firm with separate grains and sturdy when cooked without the sticky texture.
Jasmine brown rice is firm when cooked with a fragrant aroma and nutty taste.
Basmati brown rice is like a long grain brown rice which cooks with separate grain, perfect for stir-fries.
Does Brown Rice Have Gluten?
Brown rice is a gluten-free grain and it has no gluten whatsoever. It is ideal for people suffering from celiac disease.
How Many Calories In Brown Rice?
1 cup of cooked long grain brown rice has 216 calories.
How To Cook Brown Rice On The Stove?
Sort and wash brown rice, using a colander. Place brown rice and water in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to the lowest setting and cover
How To Make Brown Rice Taste Good?
To make brown rice taste good, it is best to cook it with:]
- Vegetable Broth.
- Herbs like thyme, Cilantro, Basil.
- Add Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or soy sauce and green onions.
- Add salt with vegan butter.
- Add Beans.
- Make fried rice
- 216 kcal / 903 kJ
- 5 min
- 50 min
- Ready in:
- 55 min
- Sort and wash brown rice, using a colander. Place brown rice and water in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, cover pot and reduce heat to the lowest setting. Cook for 50 minutes or until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork and serve.
- Bring to a boil, cover pot and reduce heat to the lowest setting. Cook for 50 minutes or until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork and serve.
- I love to add parchment paper beneath the cover to keep the steam from escaping and cooking the rice faster.
- Leftover rice can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 days and in the freezer for 3 months.
Tips For Cooking Perfect Jasmine Brown Rice
- Don’t stir the rice during cooking, doing so may result in soggy rice.
- Toast the rice before cooking in a dry skillet on medium heat, turning often to make sure it doesn’t burn for a nuttier flavor