FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
Now you can skip take out and make your own pineapple fried rice with this quick, easy and tasty recipe, ready in 30 minutes, I was contemplating whether to make a Hawaiian Pineapple Fried Rice or a Thai Pineapple Fried, after much deliberating, I decided to prepare my own version of vegan pineapple fried rice.
I’m crazy about fried rice because it is a great way to use leftover rice plus it is so easy to prepare and customizable, like my Easy Vegan Fried Rice, Spring Fried Rice and Vegan Fried Rice with Hijiki Seaweed are perfect for easy weeknight meals.
Tips For Making The Best Pineapple Fried Rice
- It’s important that you rinse your rice until clear to reduce the starch,
- Use Day Old Rice- Freshly cooked rice is too sticky because it has extra moisture, compared to day-old rice which has dried out some. So the next time you make rice, prepare double the amount so you can save some in the refrigerator for making fried rice the next day.
- You can use fresh pineapple or canned.
- Note that you can also bake the marinated tofu in an oven preheated at 400 F, transfer marinated tofu cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet that has been lightly sprayed. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown, turning halfway.
How To Cook Pineapple Fried Rice
To cook pineapple fried rice, heat oil in a large skillet or wok, cook marinated tofu cubes until golden brown. Move tofu to one side of the skillet and add green onion, garlic, ginger, bell pepper and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add pineapple chunks and stir. Combine Bragg’s liquid aminos, ketchup, and cayenne pepper. Stir sauce into skillet, add rice and stir to coat. garnish with green onions and serve.
Try These Other Flavorful Asian Recipes
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 331 kcal / 1384 kJ
- 9 g
- 7 g
- 57 g
- 10 min
- 20 min
- Ready in:
- 30 min
- 1 14-16 ounces extra-firm tofu, drained, pressed cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons Bragg liquid aminos, or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon roasted sesame oil
- 3 green onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple chunks, or 1 small can drained
- Place tofu cubes in a large bowl. toss tofu with Bragg's liquid aminos and sesame oil. Allow tofu to marinate for 20 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator, flipping halfway.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high. Add tofu and cook until golden brown. '
- Using a large spoon, move tofu cubes to one side in the skillet, add green onion, garlic, ginger, bell pepper and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in pineapple chunks.
- Combine ketchup with Bragg's liquid aminos and cayenne pepper in a small bowl, add to skillet and stir. Add rice and stir to fully coat. Season with salt as needed. Serve immediately.