This Easy Vegan Fried Rice recipe is so colorful and full of flavor and it is very easy to whip up in a jiffy! Add a protein and it becomes the perfect main or serves as is and it is the ideal side dish for your Chinese menu!
I have 2 videos of me preparing the fried rice, the first one I did live on Facebook and the second one is the Tasty style overhead video.
I used Bragg liquid aminos as the soy sauce alternative but you can substitute with coconut aminos (soy-free) or tamari (wheat-free) Also, you can substitute your favorite veggies in this dish or the brown rice for quinoa or cauliflower rice.
Yesterday, I had the joy of catering a vegan lunch for a group of students from a university in Jamaica. I served them hot dogs, BBQ Soy Curls Sliders topped with coleslaw and the menu was a huge hit. I plan to replicate the BBQ soy curls and coleslaw recipes to share with my readers because I made them without a recipe.
I have been doing facebook live videos, where you can see me in my kitchen prepare recipes that are included here on my website, so please check them out and also like my page Healthier Steps, thank you!
- Energy: 448 kcal / 1873 kJ
- Fat: 10 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Carbs: 80 g
- Preparation: 10 min
- Ready in: 10 min
- 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup red and yellow bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 tablespoons Bragg liquid aminos
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 green onion, chopped (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute until soft.
- Stir in garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds.Add bell peppers and cook for a minute.
- Add turmeric and cook until fragrant, stirring constantly.
- Stir in carrots and frozen peas, cook for another 2 minutes. Keep stirring.
- Add Bragg's liquid aminos and stir to fully coat vegetables.
- Add rice and stir to fully combine. Turn off the stove and stir in sesame oil and green onions. Serve immediately.