FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
This year I decided to change update my traditional Thanksgiving and Christmas menu to include some new recipes.
I decided to make a sweet potato casserole with marshmallows instead of my favorite Vegan Sweet Potato Souffle recipe.
My recipe turned out insanely delicious, I served it as dessert. My hubby who is not a fan of sweet potatoes had seconds.
I believe that one of the reasons is starting with baked sweet potatoes as my base, here is How To Bake Sweet Potatoes
How To Make Sweet Potato Casserole?
- I used instead of boiled because I wanted the optimal concentrated natural sweetness of the sweet potatoes.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Prepare baking dish.
- Remove skin from sweet potatoes and add them to a food processor, potato masher or an electric mixer, add sugar, vegan butter, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt, and process until light and fluffy. You can also mash sweet potatoes in a large bowl until soft without lumps. Stir in 1 cup mini marshmallows.
- Spread sweet potato in a prepared baking dish top with crushed pecans and remaining vegan mini marshmallows.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until casserole is cooked and marshmallows are golden brown and not burnt.
Can You Make Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole Ahead?
Absolutely, you can make this recipe the day before Thanksgiving, mine actually tasted better the following day as the casserole sits the flavors meld.
Place the sweetened mashed potatoes minus the pecans and marshmallows in a baking dish covered with plastic wrap and refrigerate after cooling.
I recommend you don't add marshmallows and pecans until the following day when you are reheating.
The following day, remove the plastic wrap, preheat the oven, top casserole with pecans and marshmallows and bake until heated through and marshmallows are golden.
Other Thanksgiving Recipes To Prepare
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
Adapted from Allrecipes.com
- 209 kcal / 874 kJ
- 5 g
- 2 g
- 40 g
- 10 min
- 1 h 30 min
- Ready in:
- 1 h 40 min
Make the Baked Sweet Potatoes (see link above). Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
Spray the baking dish or brush with oil and set aside. place peeled sweet potatoes in a large mixing bowl, add sugar, vegan butter, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt, and process using a food processor or mixer until light and fluffy. Stir in 1 cup of mini marshmallows.
Spread sweet potato in a prepared baking dish top with crushed pecans and remaining vegan mini marshmallows.
Bake for 25 minutes or until casserole is cooked and marshmallows are golden brown and not burnt.