FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
I have been eating more sweet potatoes lately and I just can't get enough of them. Cooking sweet potatoes in the oven makes a great base for recipes like my Sweet Potato Souffle.
How To Bake Sweet Potatoes?
I know some of you are reading this and saying to yourselves, 'I know how to bake a sweet potato. ' I'm here to share with you tips and tricks on how to bake the best sweet potato.
- Choose sweet potatoes that are firm with smooth skin.
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F.
- Wash your sweet potatoes to remove dirt. I wash every fruit and vegetable that comes into to my home.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper because sweet potatoes will release ooze juices when baking.
- Use a knife to cut through a third of sweet potato to make sure they cook all the way through.
- Bake them for about 1 hour, turning them after 30 minutes. Depending on the size you might need to bake them for longer.
- Cut sweet potato in the middle lengthwise, mash with a fork, sprinkle with salt, vegan butter and enjoy.
How Many Calories Are In A Sweet Potato
- 103 calories are in a sweet potato
- 23 grams of carbohydrates
- 3.9 grams of fiber
- 2.3 grams of protein
- 0.2 grams of fat
- 4 milligrams of calcium
- 4 milligrams of iron
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 103 kcal / 431 kJ
- 2 g
- 23 g
Preheat oven 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment.
Line your baking sheet with parchment paper because sweet potatoes will release ooze juices when baking.
Bake them for about 1 hour, turning them after 30 minutes. Depending on the size you might need to bake them for longer.
Remove from oven and allow sweet potatoes to cool slightly. Cut the tops of the sweet potato with a vertical line, add a pinch of salt, mash flesh with a fork and add vegan butter.