It was so irresistible that my son Daevyd couldn’t wait for it to cool before he could get a slice and he wanted more. Pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and coconut milk, with spices, give this pie a rich, creamy and perfectly pumpkin spiced flavor, that will be loved by non-vegans.
Pumpkin Pie Ingredients, pumpkin puree, coconut milk, coconut sugar, maple syrup, cornstarch, vanilla, spices, salt.
How To Make Vegan Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie
Talk about easy, well this recipe is so unbelievably easy to prepare, I basically add all the ingredients to my high-speed blender and process until smooth. Scoop the filling in my and bake.
You can substitute store-bought unbaked pie crust. Also, you can make your own pumpkin puree by roasting pumpkin and pureeing the flesh or use canned pumpkin as I did.
This easy vegan pumpkin pie recipe tastes even better the following day so this is a perfect make-ahead recipe.
For a milder spice combination, substitute spices for 1 teaspoon coriander and 1/4 teaspoon cardamom. I loved the combination of coconut sugar and maple syrup but you can substitute with regular cane sugar.
Other Delicious Vegan Holiday Desserts
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- Energy: 274 kcal / 1145 kJ
- Fat: 13 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Carbs: 37 g
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 1 h
- Ready in: 1 h 10 min
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. In a high-speed blender, add pumpkin puree, coconut milk coconut sugar, maple syrup, cornstarch, vanilla cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Process until smooth.
- Pour filling into unbaked pie crust and smooth top with a spoon. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and top is firm.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool and set for about 1 hour. Then place in refrigerator to finish cooling and completely set. I prefer overnight.
- Delicious served with coconut whipped cream.