FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS, SCROLL TO SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END. BUT BEFORE YOU SCROLL CHECK IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT IS INCLUDED IN THE BLURB.
This Healthy Apple Crisp is one of the easiest desserts you can make for an easy weeknight treat, the holidays or special events. It's not only simple but it is gluten-free and vegan but it is also refined sugar-free. Other favorite desserts that I love to serve for the holidays are my Vegan Tiramisu, Orange Almond Cake, and my Jamaican Christmas Cake.
How To Make Healthy Apple Crisp
I love to use Bob's Red Mill Old Fashioned Gluten-Free Rolled Oats because it is a certified Gluten-Free where each batch is produced and tested in a gluten-free facility.
It was so easy to prepare this healthy apple crisp recipe, I peeled and chopped the apples, tossed with maple syrup, tapioca starch (to thicken the apple juice), and spices. I then place filling in a prepared baking dish and topped with oatmeal and almond meal mixture. It is the best vegan apple crisp!
Love This Healthy Apple Crisp Recipe?
Apple crisp topped with vegan vanilla ice cream or coconut whipped cream is so delicious:
- Naturally Sweet
- Easy To Make
- Crunchy on Top
More Crisps/Apple Recipes, check out: Berry Crisp, Apple Pie Crumb Topping, Apple Crumble Muffins.
Join our new facebook groups, sharing lots of delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes, health tips etc., from our members. Please join us and invite your friends Gluten-Free and Vegan For Beginners and Vegan Recipes With Love.
- 210 kcal / 878 kJ
- 10 g
- 33 g
- 36 g
- 10 min
- 1 h
- Ready in:
- 1 h 10 min
- 5 medium apple, (I used Fuji and Granny Smith), peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, or sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch, or cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, or 1 tsp coriander plus a pinch of cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
For The Filling
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish or similar size and set aside. Peel, core and dice apples, and place in a bowl.
- Add lemon juice and maple syrup, and stir to combine. Sprinkle tapioca starch, cinnamon (coriander, cardamom), ginger and toss to coat.
- Pour apple mixture into prepared baking dish and set aside.
- In another bowl add oats, almonds flour, salt and stir well. Mix in coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Mix with fingers or fork until crumbly. Spread oat mixture on top of apples.
- Cover baking dish and bake for 45 -50 minutes or until apples are tender, uncover baking dish and bake for 10 more minutes or until topping browns. Delicious served with vanilla ice cream warm or can be served cold.